Faircloth Floors 1-3
- Rooms are suite-style: two rooms share a bathroom with a shower/tub, toilet and sink.
- Rooms measure approximately 11’ wide by 16’ long.
- Each room has a pair of windows measuring a total of 78” wide by 75” tall.
- Each room has wooden floors and movable furniture.
- Each resident has a 3-drawer dresser, desk with chair, bed with adjustable-height frame, and built-in closet.
- Adjustable-height bed frames raise to a maximum height of 39". This allows dressers to fit underneath.
- Mattresses for the twin beds measure 76” x 36". This is a standard twin mattress.
- Loft kits are available for an additional charge each semester.
- Residents can also choose to bunk their beds at no extra charge.
- Each floor has a parlor with television and microwave.
- There are laundry facilities on two floors with two washers and two dryers in each laundry room.
- Each courtyard residence hall has a kitchen located on the 1st floor.
Furniture Dimensions for Faircloth Floors 1-3
- Closets: 36.5”W x 29”D; hanging rod at 66”H, shelf @ 74”H
- Desk: 42”W x 24”D x 30”H
- Chest of drawers: 29.5”W x 24”D x 30”H
Residents on floors 1-3 in the courtyard buildings also have the option of renting a lofting kit for a fee. Lofts raise standard beds to a maximum height of 72" which allows residents to put other furniture such as desks and couches underneath. Bunking kits are available at no extra charge.
Each floor has a parlor (lounge) with study space and a television. Kitchens are located only on the 1st floors.
Faircloth Floor 4
There is no standard floor plan for 4th floor rooms. Although the 4th floor rooms are all unique in their floorplans, they do share some common features.
- All rooms on the 4th floors have the same furniture as rooms on floors 1-3.
- Due to the sloping walls, loft kits cannot be used in 4th floor rooms.
- Rooms have dormer windows measuring 35” wide by 48” high. Most rooms have two dormer windows, while a few have one.
- Bathrooms are shared among 6-8 residents each. These bathroom have multiple facilities.
- Double-occupancy rooms available for first-year residents, as well as single-occupancy rooms available to upper-level residents.