The Status of Girls in North Carolina, a report published by Meredith College, offers for the first time a detailed compilation of data that documents factors that impact girls' lives within the state. Focusing on data from seven content areas—demographics and poverty, education, media engagement, physical health, mental health, sexual health, and leadership and civic engagement— the report highlights areas in which girls in North Carolina are making strides, areas in need of improvement and areas of disparity among girls.
The report will inform educators, policymakers, legislators, health professionals and others while inspiring all North Carolinians to action in enhancing the ways that they can promote the well-being of girls—the very children who will so meaningfully affect the future well-being of all the state’s citizens.
This is the story of a girl from North Carolina. Check out this video supporting Meredith's Status of Girls in NC report.
• 2013 Alumnae Awards Presented more
• Best-Selling Author Khaled Hosseini to Appear at Meredith more
• 2013 Komen Race for the Cure to Be Held at Meredith more
• Meredith Athletics Offering Tennis, Basketball, Soccer and Volleyball Summer Camps more
• Meredith Holds 2013 Commencement more
• Meredith Graduates Well-Positioned for the Future more
• Meredith Honors Law Enforcement Professionals more