Conferences, Presentations and Workshops
- June 2-6, 2012: Association of Institutional Research (AIR) Annual Forum (New Orleans, Louisiana)
- June 3-5, 2012: The Well Rounded Assessment Practitioner: Second Annual Conference of the Association for the Assessment of Learning in Higher Education (Albuquerque, New Mexico)
- July 20-22, 2012: Assessment in the Arts Conference (Denver, CO)
- December 8-11, 2012: SACS Annual Meeting (Dallas, TX)
- Responding to Academically Adrift: What Colleges Can Do, an audio conference sponsored by Inside Higher Ed, and hosted by RPA on February 18, 2011 from 1 p.m- 2pm in Harris 214, followed by a group discussion until 2:30pm. PLease follow the links for an audio recording and PowerPoint slide presentation of the audio conference.
- Engaging Educators in Meaningful Assessment, an audio conference sponsored by Inside Higher Ed
Maki, P., Ph.D. (2011, January). Presented as an audio conference at Meredith College, Raleigh, NC.
- Assessing Critical Thinking in the Classroom and within Programs
Steinke, P., Ph.D. & Collins, E., Ph.D. (2010, August). Presented as a fall workshop at Meredith College, Raleigh, NC.
- Using AAC&U VALUE Rubrics to Assess Student Learning Outcomes
Steinke, P., Ph.D. & Cuffney, F., Ph.D. (2010, May). Presented at the Stone Soup Conference at Meredith College, Raleigh, NC.
- Simple, Meaningful and Sustainable Examples of Outcomes Assessment at Meredith College
Hanft, J., M.S.L.I.S., Harris, C., M.Ed., Hudson T., Sloane, T., M.Ed., Steinke, P., Ph.D. (2009, August). Simple, Meaningful and Sustainable Examples of Outcomes Assessment at Meredith College.Presented at Meredith College. Raleigh, North Carolina.
- Worksheet for Generating Ideas for Data and Resources for Assessment
- Information Literacy Goals and Outcomes — Comparison with ACRL Standards
- Assessment in Student Affairs
Steinke, P., Ph.D. & Zelna, C.L., Ph.D. (2008, July). Assessment in Student Affairs. Presented at Meredith College. Raleigh, North Carolina.
Past Presentations & Workshops: Off–Campus
- New Standards and Assessment that Reflect Who Our Students Are
Duncan, R., Ph.D. (April 2011). Presented at the 7th Annual North Carolina Independent Colleges and Universities (NCICU) Assessment Conference, Methodist University in Fayetteville, NC
- Assessing Complex Outcomes Using the TAIM Approach
Steinke, P., Ph.D. & Hendrix T., Ph.D. (2010, December). Presented at the SACSCOC Annual Meeting, Louisville, KY.
- Assessment Strategies for Undergraduate Research Programs Across Disciplines
Steinke, P., Ph.D., Cuffney F. Ph.D., Riniker A., Gallagher K. (2010, November). Presented at the AAC&U Creativity, Inquiry and Discovery: Undergraduate Research, Durham, NC.
- Important Psychological Constructs for Student Learning Outcome Assessment and
Measuring Complex General Education Outcomes
Steinke, P., Ph.D. & Fitch, P., Ph.D. (2009, April). Important Psychological Constructs for Student Learning Outcome Assessment. Presented at NCSU Assessment Symposium. Cary, NC.
- What does this mean and where do we go from here?
Hanft, Jennifer & Susan McClintock. (2008, November). What does this mean and where do we go from here? Assessing an Information Literacy Program. Presented at the Library Instruction 2.0 Conference. Chapel Hill, NC.
- Measuring "Immeasurable" Student Outcomes
Steinke, P., Ph.D. (2008, October). Measuring "Immeasurable" Student Outcomes. Presented at IUPUI Assessment Institute. Indianapolis, Indiana.
- Enhancing Program Quality and Viability through Evaluation
Kearney S. & Tippett D., Ph.D. (2008, April) Enhancing Program Quality and Viability through Evaluation. Presented at the NCSU Assessment Syposium. Cary, NC.
- Reaching Out to Reform/Reaching in to Assess
Feldstien, M., Ed.D., McKinney, M., Ph.D. & Winterhoff, P., Ph.D. (2006, October). Reaching Out to Reform/Reaching in to Assess. Presented at AGLS, Indianapolis, Indiana.
Last modified: May 2012