The Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC) Accreditation Liaison
Meredith College is accredited by the The Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges to award baccalaureate and masters degrees. SACSCOC and its member institutions share responsibility for maintaining a relationship whereby both are fully informed of current accreditation issues and requirements and how those requirements are applied. With this in mind, the President of Meredith College has appointed Dianne Raubenheimer, the Director of Research, Planning and Assessment, to serve as the College's SACSCOC Accreditation Liaison.
Reponsibilities of the Accreditation Liaison
The Accreditation Liaison is responsible for the following:
- Ensuring that compliance with accreditation requirements is incorporated into the planning and evaluation process of the institution.
- Notifying the Commission in advance of substantive changes and program developments in accord with the substantive change policies of the Commission.
- Familiarizing faculty, staff, and students with the Commission's accrediting policies and procedures, and with particular sections of the accrediting standards and Commission policies that have application to certain aspects of the campus (e.g., library, continuing education) especially when such documents are adopted or revised.
- Serving as a contact person for Commission staff. This includes encouraging institutional staff to route routine inquiries about the Principles of Accreditation and accreditation policies and processes through the Accreditation Liaison, who will contact Commission staff, if necessary, and ensuring that email from the Commission office does not get trapped in the institution's spam filter.
- Coordinating the preparation of the annual profiles and any other reports requested by the Commission.
- Serving as a resource person during the decennial review process and helping prepare for and coordinating reaffirmation and other accrediting visits.
- Ensuring that electronic institutional data collected by the Commission is accurate and timely.
- Maintaining a file of all accreditation materials, such as, reports related to the decennial review; accreditation committee reports; accreditation manuals, standards, and policies; schedules of all visits; and correspondence from accrediting offices.
The Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC) is responsible for reviewing substantive changes that take place in an institution between the decennial reviews for reaffirmation. As a standard of accreditation, institutions must notify SACSCOC of substantive changes before they occur.
This document is a revision of the policy approved by the Meredith Senior Management Team in April 2009. This version was approved by the Executive Leadership Team in September, 2012.
For further information on Meredith College's SACSCOC Reaffirmation Process please visit: http://www.meredith.edu/sacs/default.htm