Meredith College Borrow-a-Bike (BAB) Program for Students, Faculty, and Staff
Two bikes have been purchased for use by faculty, staff, and students and are offered for a maximum of four (4) hours per use and are available on a first-come, first-served basis. The Borrow-a-Bike (BAB) program is coordinated by Health Services and the Carlyle Campbell Library.
The goal of the BAB program is to:
- Offer an alternative mode of transportation that is more affordable and promotes healthy lifestyle choices
- Educate students, faculty, and staff about the impact their personal choices have on the environment
- Provide students, faculty, and staff an alternate way to explore Raleigh and the Capital Area Greenway
- Support Meredith’s strategic plan for wellness
Two bicycles and helmets are available for checkout to students, faculty, and staff for up to four hours. Additional accessories, such as baskets, locks, and pumps may be checked out as well. To check out a bicycle, simply bring your CamCard to the library and sign a borrowing agreement/waiver. Find more information about Meredith’s Borrow-a-Bike Program, NC bicycle laws, and nearby locations to ride.
Frequently Asked Questions:
How do I borrow-a-bike?
- Present your cam card at check in. Your CamCard will be returned when the bike is returned. Always have another form of ID and emergency contact information with you when you bike.
- Complete the Borrow-a-Bike registration/waiver form.
- Library staff will give you a key to the secured bikes. Pick up your bike and return the key to the library.
- Have Fun!!
- Bike Return
- Return to the library and check in the bike. Retrieve the key. Return the bike to the secured area, and return the key to the library and retrieve your cam card.
Am I liable if the bike is stolen or damaged?
- Yes. Please refer to the registration/waiver form.
What if the bike breaks down while I am away?
- Call the number on the BAB card where you checked out the bike.
- Walk the bike back to Meredith.
- Complete the damage/theft report when you return.
When can I borrow a bike?
Call the Carlyle Campbell Library at (919) 760-8444 to check bike availability. Be aware that the Greenway and the Meredith tunnel gate is locked at sunset. Always return bikes before dark!
Library Summer Hours:
FITNESS CENTER POOL HOURS
Director of the Health Center
110 Carroll Hall
Campus Wellness Distribution List