Meredith College Borrow-a-Bike (BAB) Program for Students, Faculty, and Staff
Two bikes have been purchased for use by faculty, staff, and students and are offered for a maximum of four (4) hours per use and are available on a first-come, first-served basis. The Borrow-a-Bike (BAB) program is coordinated by Health Services, WOW!, and the Office of Campus Police.
The goal of the BAB program is to:
- Offer an alternative mode of transportation that is more affordable and promotes healthy lifestyle choices
- Educate students, faculty, and staff about the impact their personal choices have on the environment
- Provide students, faculty, and staff an alternate way to explore Raleigh and the Capital Area Greenway
- Support Meredith’s strategic plan for wellness
To participate, students, faculty, and staff must complete a registration form and read and sign the waiver. Bikes may be checked out at specified hours at the Fitness Center during the week and Campus Police on Weekends.
Frequently Asked Questions:
How do I borrow-a-bike?
- Present your cam card at check in (Weekdays-Fitness Center, Saturday/Sunday-Campus Police Gate House). Your CamCard will be returned when the bike is returned. Always have another form of ID and emergency contact information with you when you bike.
- Complete the Borrow-a-Bike registration/waiver form.
- Pick up a phone and combination card.
- Fitness Center staff or Campus Police will give you a key to the secured bikes. Pick up your bike and return the key to the Fitness Center or Campus Police Gate House.
- Have Fun!!
- Bike Return
- Return to the Fitness Center or Campus Police Gate House and check in the bike. Retrieve the key. Return the bike to the secured area, and return the key where you checked out the bike to retrieve your cam card.
Am I liable if the bike is stolen or damaged?
- Yes. Please refer to the registration/waiver form.
What if the bike breaks down while I am away?
- Call the number on the BAB card where you checked out the bike.
- Walk the bike back to Meredith.
- Complete the damage/theft report when you return.
When can I borrow a bike?
Call the Fitness Center (919) 760-7001 (weekdays) or Campus Police (919) 760-8888 (weekends) for bike availability. Make sure to abide by the check-in/out hours below. Be aware that the Greenway and the Meredith tunnel gate is locked at sunset. Always return bikes before dark to avoid getting locked out!
Bikes are available weekdays at times posted below when the Fitness Center is open and no class is in session.
Daylight Savings Time Hours:
- Monday throughThursday, 7:30 a.m.-6 p.m.
- Friday, 7:30 a.m.-4 p.m.
- Saturday and Sunday, 7:30 a.m.-4 p.m.
Eastern Standard Time Hours:
- Monday through Friday 7:30 a.m.-4 p.m.
- Saturday and Sunday, 7:30 a.m.-6 p.m.
FITNESS CENTER POOL HOURS
Director of the Health Center
110 Carroll Hall
Campus Wellness Distribution List