- Zumba®—Oh you’ve heard about it. This is the class that fuses hypnotic Latin rhythms and easy-to-follow moves to create a one-of-a-kind fitness program that will blow you away. The goal is simple: We want you to want to work out, to love working out, and to get hooked.
- Circuit—A station-based class where you get the best of both worlds: cardio and strength. All stations will be explained by the instructors so you will move through safely and effectively.
- Walk, Jog, Run—Exactly as the title states. You decide what is right for you. You will meet and complete an active warm-up as a class and then the instructor will send you off for a timed session. You go as fast or as far as you want.
- Yoga—Yoga is about creating balance in the body through developing both strength and flexibility. This is done through the performance of poses or postures, each of which has specific physical benefits. No experience required.
- PowerFlex—This is our version of BodyPump! Pure strength training sure to get you “pumped up!” Instructors will assist you with instruction and form. All levels welcome!
A 30-day walking challenge designed for all fitness levels. October is an ideal time to walk. And Walktober is a great walking campaign designed to:
- Guide you through the benefits of walking
- Help you incorporate a daily stride into your routine
- Dramatically boost the amount you travel on foot
- Inspire you to make walking a priority—in October and beyond.
- Use the log card and your Walktober leaves stickers to track your progress throughout October. Your goal is to accumulate 20 or more stickers during the 31-day program by recording dedicated walking minutes or daily steps (using a step counter worn all day).
5K/1-mile fun runs offered in late October and mid-April. Open to the entire Meredith campus and guests. Each event has its own theme and is guaranteed to be a fun event with opportunities to win great prizes just for joining us whether you walk, jog or run.
Commit to be Fit
The commitment: Participate in physical activity 30 minutes a day, 5 days a week for 8 weeks beginning in early February and running through the end of March/ early April. Activity trackers are submitted for random prize drawings at the end of the program.
In order to be successful with any goal, it’s important to identify what it is you want to accomplish. Fitcheck can help. Join your friends and colleagues in this judgment-free zone and learn more about your fitness levels and specific areas you may want to focus on.