Select software packages are available for student download either through our membership with the NCICU (North Carolina Independent Colleges and Universities), part of existing education accounts, free downloads from the internet, or for purchase at discounted prices.
Access: Visit MyMeredith - Technology Services, then select any of the items under Campus Software for downloads, instructions, and links.
Listed below are software options available to students
- Microsoft Office 365 is available as a free download to all students.
- Google Apps is provided to all students via their Google education account.
- LibreOffice is a free productivity suite for both Windows and Mac platforms. File transition between Office and Libre formats works well and is easy.
- G-Data Virus Protection for Windows: Any student not participating in the laptop program is eligible for a free copy of the G-Data Internet Security program for Windows. The license is good for one year and can be renewed.
- Sophos Anti-Virus for Mac: Students with Macs may take advantage of free anti-virus software provided by Sophos.
- Atomic Learning: Students and family members have access to an automated tutorial knowledge base, providing support for PC and Mac software. Students can access AL via MyMeredith. Contact the Help Desk for ID and password to be used by family members or if accessing the Meredith AL Portal via the Atomic Learning Website.
- Select academic software packages will be available as free downloads.
- Students will get notice from professors if software packages are available.
- Academic software is also loaded on computer lab computers, both open and departmental, and the library laptop loaners.
Software for Purchase