Campus Police / Parking On Campus
Parking at Meredith
Welcome to Meredith College. Parking on campus is by permit only. Faculty, staff, students, and visitors must display a parking permit at all times when the vehicle is parked on college property. All faculty, staff and students who park on campus are required to register their vehicles with the Campus Police Department. Questions concerning parking should be directed to the Meredith College Campus Police Department Parking Director at (919) 760-8888. Meredith College assumes no responsibility for damage, loss, repossessions or theft of any vehicle parked on campus.
Student Parking Permits
There is adequate student parking on campus and it is available on a first come, first- served basis. All students who wish to park on campus must register their vehicles with Campus Police, purchase a parking permit, and park in student designated parking lots. Students are not permitted to park in visitor or staff/faculty spaces. Parking forms and other details can be found at my.meredith.edu.
Visitors are individuals not enrolled or employed by the college. They must display a parking permit while using campus parking spaces. There is no charge for permits for visitors, family and guests. The permit temporarily registers the vehicle and allows parking on campus. Visitors are expected to comply with the college's parking and traffic rules and are held responsible for citations issued for incorrect or improper parking. Students are responsible for the proper parking and registration of guest vehicles.
Handicap parking is provided in many locations across campus. Vehicles displaying a handicap placard or tag may park in any handicap space. For any vehicle that is parked in a handicap space on campus, the handicap placard/tag must be issued to the driver of the vehicle — with exception for instances in which the driver is providing an escort for the placard holder. Any student who has a state issued handicap placard or tag registered in their name, must provide a copy of the placard and the handicap registration card to Campus Police when obtaining a Meredith College parking permit.
Sporting Event Parking
Parking for sporting events will be located near the event site. The decision on sporting event parking will be based on weather, condition of the parking site and other on campus scheduled activities/events. Parking arrangements should be coordinated between the Campus Police Department and the Athletics Department.
All vendors/contractors working on campus must register their vehicles with Campus Police. Coordination between the vendor, program/event host and the Parking Director is required to determine parking availability and the type of permit to be utilized.
Parking regulations are enforced year-round, including breaks. Park only in areas designated by your permit. No warning tickets are given. The following parking practices are specifically prohibited:
- Parking an unregistered vehicle anywhere on the Meredith Campus.
- Parking on the front drive.
- Double parking.
- Parking on lawns, grass, landscaped areas, sidewalks, or other areas not set aside for parking.
- Parking in such a manner as to block traffic, parked vehicles, or roadways.
- Parking in fire lanes, loading areas, emergency areas marked as NO PARKING ZONES, including areas marked with diagonal yellow lines.
- Parking in a handicap space without displaying a handicap placard or tag.
- Parking in an area designated for registration decals other than the one displayed (for example, students parking in a reserved spot or parking in visitors’ area with a Meredith decal).
- Parking is prohibited in the circle in front of Johnson Hall (Fire Lane). Exceptions will be allowed on move-in or move-out days as long as a driver remains with the vehicle at all times. Unattended vehicles will be ticketed and may be towed.
- Parking is prohibited in the circle in front of Wainwright (Fire Lane). Unattended vehicles will be ticketed and may be towed.
- Apartment residents are not allowed to park on main campus. Residence Hall students are not permitted to park in the Oaks parking lot
- Parking fines are normally $50.
- Fines for parking in handicapped and fire lanes are $100.
- Auto-boot and towing fines are $100. Unregistered cars will be auto-booted and will not be released until all fines are paid. (An auto-boot is a device that clamps to the wheel of a car. Attempts to move a car with an auto-boot will result in serious damage to the car.)
- If you are parked in a reserved or handicap space without the proper permits, your vehicle is subject to ticketing and towing.
- Parking regulations remain in force at all hours.
- If you need to unload your vehicle during any time moving in and out of the residence halls, even for a few minutes, contact Campus Police at 919-760-8888 for permission.
- All vehicles parked on campus in any space without a parking permit are subject to be towed at owner’s expense.
- Parking rules and regulations are enforced all year, at all times.