Accounting / FAQs

When is tuition due?

Tuition is due in full in advance of the start of each semester—August 1 for fall, December 1 for spring.

Certain charges and benefits apply to only full-time students. How do I know if I am full-time?

Undergraduate students registered for 12 to 18 hours are considered full-time and pay the full-time rate. Students registerd for less than 12 are considered part time; students more than 18 hours are charged additional tuition.

How do I make a payment to my student account?

Refer to Making Payments.

What is a CamCard?

CamCards are issued by the Campus Police to all students and employees of Meredith College. Your CamCard is your official Meredith College identification and is used to access all residence halls, labs, and restricted buildings. It may be used as a debit card in copiers, vending machines and for purchases in the Campus Bookstore, BeeHive Cafe (Cate Center) and Belk Dining Hall, etc.

How do I put funds on my CamCard?

Refer to CamCard Information.

How do I get money off of my CamCard?

Funds placed on CamCards remain there until used. If you withdraw or graduate, your funds will be refunded provided you owe no other balance.

May I pay for my tuition via wire transfer?

We accept wire transfers for international students only, through PeerTransfer.

How do I receive a bill?

Bills are sent via our e-bill service. Students will receive notification via Meredith email when statements have been updated. Access instructions will be included.

What if my bill is wrong?

The Accounting Office is responsible for accurately recording charges and financial assistance, which is automatically generated when you register, sign up for housing, are awarded financial aid, etc. We do not "change" your bill. However, we are happy to assist you in reviewing your account and determining which office you may need to contact for bill correction.

My loans, grants and scholarships exceed the amount I owe Meredith for the semester. How do I receive a refund?

Refunds are issued by Accounting only after approval by the Office of Financial Assistance.

Can I use some of my aid to buy books?

If your aid exceeds the cost of attendance, the Office of Financial Assistance can approve a CamCard transfer to cover your books. Keep in mind that once funds are transferred to your CamCard, they will remain there until used—so you should only request the amount you need. You will be contacted by the Office of Financial Assistance if it is anticipated that you will have excess funds.

What about payment plans?

Refer to our link on Payment Information.

I need to receive a refund because I am withdrawing. What is the process?

You need to complete an official withdrawal with the Office of the Dean of Students, who will notify Accounting of your withdrawal. We will then calculate your tuition charges based on the withdrawal schedule, verify any financial aid returns,and issue a refund if applicable.

How do I change my address?

For permanent address changes, please contact the Office of the Registrar.

Contact Information:

120 Johnson Hall
(919) 760-8363
.(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address)