Upcoming Events 6/18/14
Learn more about summer events including an MBA Early Career Entry Information Session, Wellness Lunch & Learn, Writing Workshops, and more.
MBA Early Career Entry Information Session
June 18, noon
Wellness Lunch & Learn Series: Men and Women’s Health
Thursday, June 19, 12:30 p.m. - 1:30 p.m.
Oak Room, Belk Dining Hall
Monthly Wellness Lunch & Learn sessions are led by Jennifer Collings, Cigna Client Engagement Manager. Faculty and staff are welcome to attend; no sign-up is necessary. The Lunch & Learn series is part of Cigna’s MotivateMe program and employees will earn 4 points each time they attend a Lunch & Learn session.
Focusing On Form Workshop For Women Writers
Monday, June 23 – Friday, June 27, 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Each summer since 1997, the Meredith College Department of English has sponsored a writing workshop for women who are writing, who want to write, and who want to try writing. The workshop offers instruction, critique of manuscripts, and—not the least of its advantages—new friends who share a common interest. Hundreds of women have benefited from these workshops and from other writer events sponsored by Meredith. Contact Ashley Hogan for more information at email@example.com.
Summer School Schedule
- First six-week session (Day and Evening) May 12 – June 20
- Second six-week session (Day and Evening) June 23 – August 1
- First three-week session May 19 – June 06
- Second three-week session June 9 – 27
- Third three-week session June 30 – July 18
Independence Day Holiday
July 4 -- Meredith College closed
Meredith College Young Writers’ Camp
Monday, July 14 -Friday, July 18
Rising 6th, 7th and 8th grade girls are invited to join Meredith faculty, some of whom are published essayists, poets and novelists, for a week of creativity, learning and fun. Meredith’s five-day Young Writers’ Camp is an opportunity to sharpen your creative writing skills, meet other young writers, and work on independent writing projects throughout the week.
In addition to structured class time, there will be opportunities for recreation. Lunch and snacks will be provided. Questions? Contact Ashley Hogan at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Annual Juried Student Art Exhibition
Continues Through Wednesday, September 24,
This annual survey exhibition highlights the range and depth of Meredith College’s art students’ work in sculpture, painting, drawing, photography, textiles, graphic design, ceramics, and mixed media.
Faculty/Staff Planning Week
Please mark your calendars for Faculty/Staff Planning Week. A detailed schedule will be announced later this summer.
In this issue:
In this issue:
- Professor of Psychology Cynthia Edwards to Present Faculty Distinguished Lecture
- Meredith Celebrates Faculty/Staff Donors
- Celebrate the New Thomas Meredith Marker September 27
- Haitian Orphan Choir Visits Meredith College
- Fountain Plaza Dedication Planned for October 2
- Decision Height to be Presented by Meredith Ensemble Theatre
- Personal Stories: A Review of the Art Department Faculty & Staff Exhibition
- Alumni Educators and School Administrators Career Event Held
- The Library Out and About on Campus
- Wings Alumnae Share Insight with Current Students
- Faculty/Staff Accomplishments and Departmental News 9/20/17
CAMPUS CONNECTIONS ARCHIVES
Fax: (919) 760-8330