Two Opportunities to Be Involved: The Parents Council and The Parents Association
There are two ways parents can be involved at Meredith College – The Parents Council and the Meredith College Parents Association.
The Parents Council
Would you like to be part of the Parents Council at Meredith?
• Tell us about your daughter’s experience on campus
• Learn about what’s happening at the College
• Host and attend Senior Send-off and Admissions events
• Help choose the next Parents Project
• Encourage other parents to give to The Parents Fund
• Play a leadership role in Annual Giving at the Iris Club level
The Parents Council members are dedicated parents of current students and of recent graduates of Meredith. This group of parents shows their commitment and belief in the value of a Meredith education by serving the College. They attend two meetings per year (Spring and Fall semesters). They act as ambassadors for the College, encouraging enrollment and retention. They act as advisors, offering important insights about their daughters’ experiences on campus. And they provide financial leadership at the Iris Club level ($1,000 per year) to The Parents Fund.
If you are interested in learning more about the Parents Council, please contact Amanda Carson, ’90, Parents Gift Officer, Institutional Advancement, at (919) 760-8714 or email@example.com
Meredith College Parents Association
In recognition of the significant role that parents and family members play in their student’s success, the College proudly supports The Meredith College Parents Association.
The mission of the Parents Association is to provide parents and family members an opportunity to play an active role in the education of their student. The association fosters communication between the College and current parents in order to provide an enriching undergraduate college experience for both students and their parents. There is no cost for membership. All Meredith College parents are automatically members.
The goals of the Parents Association are to keep parents and families informed about College services, resources, and opportunities, and educate parents and families about healthy college student development and issues their students may encounter during their college years. Parent Association members receive the Parent Connection enewsletter, are invited to participate in the Parents & Families Facebook page, and are included in parent priority emails throughout the year. Another resource for parents is a parents and family portal on Meredith’s recently redesigned website that features College news and links to Meredith webpages of special interest to parents.
Other Parent Articles
- Meredith College Provides Warm Welcome to Class of 2021
- New Textbook Options for Meredith Students
- New Fitness Center Opens as a Result of Parent Philanthropy and Major Donor
- Introducing Academic Skills Coaching
- Less than a Month Until Cornhuskin’ 2017!
- Helping Your Student Connect on Campus
- Fall 2017 Opportunities for Career Exploration
- Flu Prevention at Meredith
- Professor of Psychology Cynthia Edwards to Present Faculty Distinguished Lecture
- Fall 2017 Updates from Financial Assistance
- 1891 Club Connects Students with Meredith College
- Special Events Kickoff Fall Semester
- What does Meredith College do for fire safety?
- Personalized Meredith College Tervis Tumblers® Available
Fax: (919) 760-8330