Theatre Faculty Member Steven Roten Appears on ABC’s Nashville
Meredith Associate Professor of Theatre Steven Roten appeared on an episode of the ABC drama Nashville. His episode aired Wednesday, Jan. 22, at 10 p.m.
Locally, Nashville airs on WTVD. The show is in its second season.
Roten is a professional stage, television, and film actor and a member of The Actors Equity Association. He is the coordinator of Meredith’s theatre program. He got the role on Nashville by auditioning for it through The Finncannon Casting agency in Wilmington, N.C.
Roten said he had a wonderful experience on the set for the show, which films in Nashville, Tenn.
“The cast and crew were welcoming and professional,” Roten said. “I got to work with Hayden Panettiere, one of the leads of the show, Ed Amatrudo, Melvin Kearney, and Kourtney Hansen among others and that experience was really satisfying.”
Roten was on set for more than two days, including filming and costume fittings.
“The director, Stephen Cragg was top-notch and actually directed the actors,” Roten said. “That doesn’t happen often in episodic television.”
Being a working actor is beneficial to Roten’s students in Meredith’s theatre program.
“My experience is invaluable to my students who plan on pursuing a career as a performer,” Roten said. “Demystifying the process for them and teaching them what to expect and how to be ‘technically correct’ go a great deal towards landing the role in the first place.”
In this issue:
In this issue:
- Meredith College to Welcome the Class of 2021
- Meredith College Opposes I-440 Expansion Plans
- Faculty/Staff Planning Week 2017
- Solar Eclipse Viewing at SMB
- Of Playground, Paint, and Picture Books: Meredith in Belize 2017
- Summer 2017 Reading Suggestions from Meredith Faculty and Staff
- Meredith Mayhem Helps Support Lake Renovation
- 2017 Summer Reading Program Events
- Faculty/Staff Accomplishments and Departmental News August 2017
CAMPUS CONNECTIONS ARCHIVES
Fax: (919) 760-8330