Susan Mboya, Zawadi Africa Founder and Coca-Cola Executive, to Deliver 2014 Commencement Address
Zawadi Africa Founder and Coca-Cola Executive Susan Mboya will serve as the speaker for Meredith’s 2014 Commencement ceremony. Meredith will hold commencement exercises on Saturday, May 3, 2014, at 7 p.m. in J.S. Dorton Arena.
An executive and philanthropist, Mboya serves as the group director of the Eurasia Africa Group (EAG) for women’s economic empowerment at Coca-Cola, and as the president of the Coca-Cola Africa Foundation. Mboya is also the founder and president of the Zawadi Africa Educational Fund, a 501c (3) non-profit organization that provides African young women from disadvantaged backgrounds with scholarships at over 65 top universities in the US and Canada, including Meredith College. To date, Zawadi has disbursed over 230 scholarships, valued at over $45 million to students from 6 African countries.
In 2003, Mboya became the first African to be inducted into the American Advertising Federations (AAF) Hall of Achievement. Also in 2003 Mboya was awarded the Jack Averett Community Spirit Award by the AAF, and named Ebony Magazine’s Marketer of the Year in 2004. In December 2010, Mboya was awarded the Elder of the Burning Spear (EBS), by the President of Kenya, in recognition of her dedication and service to the development of the country’s youth. Mboya is passionate about mentorship and youth development and mentors many young individuals both within and outside Coca-Cola.
Mboya obtained a B.Sc. in pharmacy from the University of Connecticut in1990 and a Ph.D. and M.Sc. in industrial pharmacy from the Massachusetts College of Pharmacy in 1995.
For more information on Meredith’s 2014 commencement, visit meredith.edu/commencement.
Other Parent Articles
- Meredith College Holds 2017 Commencement
- Meredith College Names New Dean for the School of Arts and Humanities
- Student Health Insurance Requirements
- Awarding of Financial Aid for Current Students
- Three Tips to Help Set Your Student on a Strong Career Path
- Meredith Holds 15th LeaderShape Session
- Shop Online for Meredith Merchandise
- Fitness Center – Updates at a Glance
- Class of 2020 Celebrates 20th Anniversary of Fire & Water
- Meredith Avenging Angels Have Championship Season
- Class of 2017 Donors Recognized
- Annual Celebrating Student Achievement Day Held
- 2017-18 Meredith Travel Program Opportunities
- Mini-Commencement Celebration for Lacrosse Seniors
- Honoring Scholarship Donors
Fax: (919) 760-8330