Susan Mboya, Zawadi Africa Founder and Coca-Cola Executive, to Deliver 2014 Commencement Address
Zawadi Africa Founder and Coca-Cola Executive Susan Mboya will serve as the speaker for Meredith’s 2014 Commencement ceremony. Meredith will hold commencement exercises on Saturday, May 3, 2014, at 7 p.m. in J.S. Dorton Arena.
An executive and philanthropist, Mboya serves as the group director of the Eurasia Africa Group (EAG) for women’s economic empowerment at Coca-Cola, and as the president of the Coca-Cola Africa Foundation. Mboya is also the founder and president of the Zawadi Africa Educational Fund, a 501c (3) non-profit organization that provides African young women from disadvantaged backgrounds with scholarships at over 65 top universities in the US and Canada, including Meredith College. To date, Zawadi has disbursed over 230 scholarships, valued at over $45 million to students from 6 African countries.
In 2003, Mboya became the first African to be inducted into the American Advertising Federations (AAF) Hall of Achievement. Also in 2003 Mboya was awarded the Jack Averett Community Spirit Award by the AAF, and named Ebony Magazine’s Marketer of the Year in 2004. In December 2010, Mboya was awarded the Elder of the Burning Spear (EBS), by the President of Kenya, in recognition of her dedication and service to the development of the country’s youth. Mboya is passionate about mentorship and youth development and mentors many young individuals both within and outside Coca-Cola.
Mboya obtained a B.Sc. in pharmacy from the University of Connecticut in1990 and a Ph.D. and M.Sc. in industrial pharmacy from the Massachusetts College of Pharmacy in 1995.
For more information on Meredith’s 2014 commencement, visit meredith.edu/commencement.
In this issue:
In this issue:
- Professor of Psychology Cynthia Edwards to Present Faculty Distinguished Lecture
- Meredith Celebrates Faculty/Staff Donors
- Celebrate the New Thomas Meredith Marker September 27
- Haitian Orphan Choir Visits Meredith College
- Fountain Plaza Dedication Planned for October 2
- Decision Height to be Presented by Meredith Ensemble Theatre
- Personal Stories: A Review of the Art Department Faculty & Staff Exhibition
- Alumni Educators and School Administrators Career Event Held
- The Library Out and About on Campus
- Wings Alumnae Share Insight with Current Students
- Faculty/Staff Accomplishments and Departmental News 9/20/17
CAMPUS CONNECTIONS ARCHIVES
Fax: (919) 760-8330