Seventy Meredith students are studying abroad in locations around the world this summer. Programs sponsored by Meredith and led by Meredith faculty members this summer include:
• Ten students in San Joaquín de Flores, Costa Rica, living with host families and studying Spanish language and completing a seminar in “Culture in Context in Costa Rica: Globalization;”
• Seven students in Costa Rica studying “Tropical Ecosystems” at rainforest research centers, national parks, and a biological research station;
• Eleven students in Sansepolcro, Italy, studying “Warfare, Culture, and Social Change in Europe,” “Geometry and the Divine Proportion,” and “Arts, Artifacts, and Culture;”
• Twelve students in London, England, studying “Arts, Artifacts, and Culture: UK,” “Legal and Ethical Perspectives for Work and Life,” and “Modern Drama;”
• Eight students in Belize tutoring in local schools with the MeredithReads curriculum and studying “Young Adult Literature” and “Belize: Community Service and Cultural Understanding;” and
• Eleven students in Paris, France, studying “French Fashion” and “International Retailing.”
In addition to these Meredith opportunities, several Meredith students are studying abroad through other study abroad programs.
Six students are in Copenhagen, Denmark studying interior design, psychology, education, child development, and sociology at the Danish Institute of Study Abroad; a student is in Tanzania studying wildlife management and conservation with the School for Field Studies; and two students are studying photography in the outback of Australia with GlobalLinks. Two students are studying abroad through Arcadia — one student is studying Irish literature, history, and politics at the National University of Ireland in Dublin, and another is in Cape Town, South Africa, studying community development.
Fax: (919) 760-8330