Students Share What They Like Best About Raleigh
Meredith College’s location in Raleigh, which is North Carolina’s capital city and home to thousands of other college students, plays a big part in lives of our students. Recent surveys have named Raleigh "America's Best City," the second best place nationally for young professionals, and the number one best place for business and careers.
As part of our summer series of student advice, Meredith’s Office of Admissions asked a group of recent graduates and returning students what they like most about Raleigh. Our students agree – Raleigh provides a variety of options for fun away from class.
• “It is impossible to be bored here. There is so much to explore, including museums, sporting events, the Farmers Market and countless places to shop. There are a lot of colleges and universities in the area, so there are a lot of places around here geared towards college students.” —Alexis Trell, ’15
• “Coming from a small town, I was not accustomed to living so close to the mall, the movie theatre, the bowling alley, therefore it’s very exciting to me to have all of these things so easily accessible. I cannot think of a time while at Meredith that I was ever bored or without anything to do. Something fun can always be found quickly and I love that.”— Jordan Capps, ’16
• “I really just love the entire city. There is always something to do and so much diversity it’s hard not to appreciate Raleigh for all it offers.”— Shelby Wilson, ’14
• “I love the atmosphere here. There is always something going on and Raleigh has so many opportunities from jobs to cultural events. It really is a great place to live.”—Mary Rawls, ’14
• “My favorite thing about Raleigh is that there is so much to do. There’s always a variety of things to choose from! You get a little taste of everything in Raleigh.”—Jordan Cone, ’14
• “The variety of restaurants on Hillsborough Street—there is always somewhere good to eat in Raleigh. My friends are always trying new places and meeting other college students—definitely a great part of social life for a college student.” –Pooja Ghai, ’13
• “The variety in what's offered. There are all sorts of different types of places to eat, museums, shows and movie theaters.” – Rebecca Jernigan, ’13
Look for more insight from Meredith students throughout the summer. Next question: What’s your favorite place in Raleigh?
To learn more about Meredith, contact the Office of Admissions at 1-800-MEREDITH.
For more about the Meredith Experience, watch this video on the Meredith College YouTube channel.
Fax: (919) 760-8330