As part of our summer series of student advice, Meredith’s Office of Admissions asked a group of recent graduates and returning students to share some of their favorite places on campus.
• “I love hanging out in the dining hall. It’s a great place to catch up with friends and grab a quick bite to eat.”—Angel Jackson, ’13 [Meredith’s Belk Dining Hall is getting refurbished this summer.
• “The CAD Lab in Martin. This is the computer lab used by interior design and fashion majors. I am always there working on projects, and there is normally at least one other person there to hang out with. —Elizabeth Oates, ’13
• “Sometimes it’s nice to just lie in the grass on a sunny day. I do it even when it’s cold, and I enjoy just lying there and having some time to think.” —Hannah Thornton, ’14
• “By the lake—it is absolutely beautiful out there and just a good place to catch my breath and unwind for the week.” –Pooja Ghai, ’13
• “I like to be outside. I like to do homework in the amphitheater or outside the library when the weather is nice. There is a greenway that runs through Meredith, and I love to run on that as well.”— Alexis Trell, ’15
• “I like to hang out on the patio behind The Oaks or in the courtyard behind Johnson Hall.”—Jordan Cone, ’14
• “My favorite hangout spot on campus is anywhere I can hang my eno hammock. I love having time to myself and relaxing while enjoying Meredith’s beautiful campus.”— Jordan Capps, ’16
Look for more insight from Meredith students throughout the summer. Next question: What activities did you participate in as a freshman? How did you balance your schedule?
To learn more about Meredith, contact the Office of Admissions at 1-800-MEREDITH.
Phone: (919) 760-8087