As part of our summer series of featuring student perspectives, Meredith’s Office of Admissions asked a group of recent graduates and returning students to share their favorite places in the local area.
• “My friends and I love to go try different restaurants and places downtown. Downtown is beautiful! My most recent spot to catch up with friends or do school work is Café Helios on Glenwood Avenue.”—Jordan Cone, ’14
• “Cameron Village, an outdoor shopping center close to Meredith. There is nearly every kind of shop or restaurant you could ever want there!”— Alexis Trell, ’15
• “It would have to be any spot that I can sit outside and spend time with my friends.”—Mary Rawls, ’14
• “I like the Waffle House. A great American tradition with some darn good waffles!”—Hannah Thornton, ’14
• “Cookout. My friends and I go get milkshakes all the time. It’s bad on my wallet but tastes great!”—Elizabeth Oates, ’13
• “Crabtree Valley Mall. There is so much to do and explore there.”—Angel Jackson, ’13
• “My friends and I like to go out to eat at different places off campus. Most of the time, we go out to eat somewhere around Cameron Village, North Hills or in Cary. —Chloë Williams, ’13
• “Either the Royal Bean or Cookout. We go to get coffee or milkshakes a lot and both have great environments.” – Rebecca Jernigan, ’13
• “The many different lakes near campus – I love driving out to them, walking around, feeding the geese, watching the birds, putting up my hammock and taking pictures of course.”— Jordan Capps, ’16
Look for more insight from Meredith students throughout the summer. Next question: What’s your favorite place on campus?
To learn more about Meredith, contact the Office of Admissions at 1-800-MEREDITH.
For more about the Meredith Experience, watch this video on the Meredith College YouTube channel.
Phone: (919) 760-8087