Progress Continues on Meredith.edu
In November, more than 90 faculty and staff members were trained on how to post and update content in Meredith’s new content management system, Expression Engine. Many of those who have been trained are successfully sharing news from their area, adding calendar entries, refining online profiles and updating content. Training will continue throughout the spring semester with a series of in-depth workshops. Topics we plan to cover in these workshops include:
• Use of images on the site
• Intranet vs. Website
• Making effective use of calendars and news
• And more
More information about the workshops will be available next semester. In the meantime, if you have any questions about the website, including who can edit your content, please contact or Meaghan Bixby at email@example.com or David Timberlake at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Academics Landing Page
You may have noticed some changes to the Academics page on meredith.edu. These changes, informed by the College’s strategic plan and with input from the Provost’s office, bring increased prominence to important aspects of the Meredith experience. You’ll find that it’s now easier to navigate to general education, experiential learning and course catalogues.
Website by the Numbers
Numbers show that since launch, traffic to our site has increased by nearly 70 percent compared to the same period of time in 2012. And not only are more people coming to the site, but they’re spending more time taking in what we have to say. The average duration of a site visit has increased by more than 50 percent.
These numbers show our collaborations are paying off. We look forward to continuing to work with you to keep the website fresh and appealing and to enhance each user’s experience on the site — and keep them coming back for more.
In this issue:
In this issue:
- Meredith College to Welcome the Class of 2021
- Meredith College Opposes I-440 Expansion Plans
- Faculty/Staff Planning Week 2017
- Solar Eclipse Viewing at SMB
- Of Playground, Paint, and Picture Books: Meredith in Belize 2017
- Summer 2017 Reading Suggestions from Meredith Faculty and Staff
- Meredith Mayhem Helps Support Lake Renovation
- 2017 Summer Reading Program Events
- Faculty/Staff Accomplishments and Departmental News August 2017
CAMPUS CONNECTIONS ARCHIVES
Fax: (919) 760-8330