Parents Project Providing Improved Campus Exterior Lighting
This academic year, Parents Project has been to upgrade to exterior lighting on campus. Thanks to gifts to the Parents Fund, the Meredith Facilities Department has already begun to replace and add new outdoor lighting fixtures where needed.
Each year, the Parents Council supports a College funding priority which becomes that year’s Parents Project. This project was developed in conjunction with SGA and reflected requests from current Meredith students.
Over the last few months, Campus Facilities has already begun to replace existing lighting in common walkways and parking lots in areas where new or additional lighting was needed. Special attention was also given to “low lit areas,” where lighting is available but not bright enough.
New pole fixtures or new light strength are being installed according to a master plan for the College, already enhancing your student’s experience on campus.
“With these new LED lights, we will replace older 175-watt fixtures with a 100-watt fixture that actually emits a brighter, whiter light, while using less energy and with a lifespan of up to 15 years,” said Dave Lyons, Meredith’s energy manager. “This switch will increase safety and conserve resources.”
All parents can help by supporting the Parents Project and making a gift. Watch for your pledge card in the mail and/or ask questions when a current Meredith student calls from Phonathon.
For more information, please contact Amanda Carson, ’90, Parents Gift Officer, at email@example.com or (919) 760-8714.
Other Parent Articles
- Meredith Provides Warm Welcome to Class of 2021
- New Textbook Options for Meredith Students
- Less than a Month Until Cornhuskin’ 2017!
- New Fitness Center Opens as a Result of Parent Philanthropy and Major Donor
- Professor of Psychology Cynthia Edwards to Present Faculty Distinguished Lecture
- Introducing Academic Skills Coaching
- Helping Your Student Connect on Campus
- Fall 2017 Opportunities for Career Exploration
- Flu Prevention at Meredith
- 1891 Club Connects Students with Meredith College
- Fall 2017 Updates from Financial Assistance
- Special Events Kickoff Fall Semester
- What does Meredith College do for fire safety?
- Personalized Meredith Tervis Tumblers® Available
Fax: (919) 760-8330