Meredith to Host NC Dance Festival Weekend September 20-21
The North Carolina Dance Festival Weekend, including community dance classes, a master class, and two mainstage performances, will be held on the campus of Meredith College September 20-21.
Dance classes for teens and adults, including a special master class with professional dancer Gaspard Louis, will be held on Saturday, September 20. Special classes for children, ages 4-12, will be held on Sunday, September 21. Class descriptions, registration information, and directions to Meredith College’s dance studios in available on the dance program’s website or by contacting Alyson Colwell-Waber at email@example.com or (919) 760-8388.
The weekend showcases contemporary dance choreography and performance via two mainstage concerts in Jones Auditorium.The NC Dance Festival performance will be Saturday evening at 7:30 p.m. and the ALL-Dance Festival will be Sunday afternoon at 3 p.m. Tickets are priced at $15 general; $10 students/seniors; $5 for children under 10. There is also a $25 festival pass. The shows are free for Meredith students, faculty, and staff. For ticket reservations call the Meredith College Box Office at (919) 760-2840.
The NC Dance Festival has long been regarded as the venue to see North Carolina’s most skilled and innovative contemporary dancers and choreographers. This year’s NCDF artists are Kristen Jeppsen Groves (Fayetteville); Gaspard Louis/Gaspard & Dancers (Durham); Michelle Pearson/Black Box Dance Theatre (Raleigh); Diego Carrasco Schoch/Diego Carrasco Dance (Durham); Sara Ruth Tourek (Greensboro); and, Leah Wilks/VECTOR (Durham).
The ALL-Dance Festival concert is a multigenerational concert, featuring dancers from eight to eighty! Audiences will enjoy dance performance by youth from Ligon Middle School, teens from Raleigh Dance Theatre and Broughton High School, young adults from Meredith College and North Carolina State University, professional dancers from Black Box Dance Theatre, and seniors from Sassy Classics Dance Group.
For more information:
Contact Alyson Colwell-Waber
Professor of Dance
In this issue:
In this issue:
- Professor of Psychology Cynthia Edwards to Present Faculty Distinguished Lecture
- Meredith Celebrates Faculty/Staff Donors
- Celebrate the New Thomas Meredith Marker September 27
- Haitian Orphan Choir Visits Meredith College
- Fountain Plaza Dedication Planned for October 2
- Decision Height to be Presented by Meredith Ensemble Theatre
- Personal Stories: A Review of the Art Department Faculty & Staff Exhibition
- Alumni Educators and School Administrators Career Event Held
- The Library Out and About on Campus
- Wings Alumnae Share Insight with Current Students
- Faculty/Staff Accomplishments and Departmental News 9/20/17
CAMPUS CONNECTIONS ARCHIVES
Fax: (919) 760-8330