Meredith Registrar Offers Tips for Staying on Track for Graduation
As Meredith's registrar, a question I hear often from parents is, “How can I make sure that my daughter is on track to graduate?”
The first thing I remind students and parents is that a Meredith College degree requires the completion of at least 124 semester hours. The 124 credit hours required to complete a degree are comprised of general education requirements, major requirements, and electives. Think that seems like a lot to keep track of? It’s not - at least, not with the help of the Program Evaluation!
What is a “Program Evaluation”? It is Meredith College’s online degree audit tool. This tool gives a student, and her advisor, online, real-time access to view the requirements specific to her program of study and the College’s degree requirements. Program evaluation is available to each student in WebAdvisor (the same website students use to add and drop classes, access midterm and final grades and make changes to their address). Program evaluation provides students with a list of requirements, details about how to fulfill those requirements, and the status of the requirement such as “not started”, “in progress”, or “complete”. It also tracks how many credit hours a student has completed, how many credit hours are remaining to complete and whether or not she has met the minimum GPA requirements for graduation. And when she has registered for her last classes, the program evaluation status will change to “Pending – Anticipated Complete” to let her know that she is registered for the last classes required to complete her degree.
Coming this fall, program evaluation will receive a makeover and enhancements. Student Planning, the new degree audit tool will continue to allow students to track their progress toward completing their degree. It will soon also allow students to PLAN their path to graduation, making the registering for classes and staying on track easier than ever!
General questions about program evaluation may also be directed to the Office of the Registrar at firstname.lastname@example.org or (919) 760-8593.
Other Parent Articles
- Meredith College Provides Warm Welcome to Class of 2021
- New Textbook Options for Meredith Students
- New Fitness Center Opens as a Result of Parent Philanthropy and Major Donor
- Introducing Academic Skills Coaching
- Less than a Month Until Cornhuskin’ 2017!
- Helping Your Student Connect on Campus
- Fall 2017 Opportunities for Career Exploration
- Flu Prevention at Meredith
- Professor of Psychology Cynthia Edwards to Present Faculty Distinguished Lecture
- Fall 2017 Updates from Financial Assistance
- 1891 Club Connects Students with Meredith College
- Special Events Kickoff Fall Semester
- What does Meredith College do for fire safety?
- Personalized Meredith College Tervis Tumblers® Available
Fax: (919) 760-8330