Meredith Mayhem Helps Support Lake Renovation
Meredith Mayhem, the annual fundraising campaign based on alumnae class participation, recently ended and alumnae once again proved they were up for a challenge raising $155,033. The Class of 2002 was the overall winner and exceeded their participation goal by 7%.
This year The Meredith Fund asked alumnae to give toward a specific project, to restore the Meredith Lake. Thanks to their generous gifts and a $250,000 challenge gift the College is now ready to move forward with renovating the lake.
In late March, the iconic lake that was designed by landscape architect Dick Bell and completed in 1964 drained because of the erosion of pipes and plumbing, leaving an empty hole. The lake water is used to irrigate Meredith’s grounds and students and faculty conduct research projects at the lake as well. The lake and McIver Amphitheater are a treasure to the campus community as many memorable traditions, such as Class Day, Cornhuskin’, Homecoming, and the Honor Code Ceremony happen in this serene spot.
“Our alumnae classes really rallied to support the Meredith Lake project. The annual fund had our most successful fundraising year ever, raising $2.2 million, and alumnae giving for the lake was a big part of it,” said Erin Cleghorn, director of The Meredith Fund. “Some donors made their third or fourth gift to the College in order to support the restoration. We are incredibly humbled and grateful for their generosity.”
Other Mayhem winners included the Class of 2001 with the most overall donors at 101. The Class of 1992 had 15 new donors, the most of any class, and the Class of 1954 had the highest giving percentage at 59%. Meredith Mayhem runs annually from mid-May until the end of June.
In this issue:
In this issue:
- Professor of Psychology Cynthia Edwards to Present Faculty Distinguished Lecture
- Meredith Celebrates Faculty/Staff Donors
- Celebrate the New Thomas Meredith Marker September 27
- Haitian Orphan Choir Visits Meredith College
- Fountain Plaza Dedication Planned for October 2
- Decision Height to be Presented by Meredith Ensemble Theatre
- Personal Stories: A Review of the Art Department Faculty & Staff Exhibition
- Alumni Educators and School Administrators Career Event Held
- The Library Out and About on Campus
- Wings Alumnae Share Insight with Current Students
- Faculty/Staff Accomplishments and Departmental News 9/20/17
CAMPUS CONNECTIONS ARCHIVES
Fax: (919) 760-8330