Meredith Library Resources Available to Support Students
Reference librarians are available to help your students most any time they need it, no appointment necessary. As we head toward the end of the semester, many students are hard at work on research papers and projects and may need help in a hurry. Please remind your students that they can drop in and get assistance with starting research, finding sources, managing citations, and more.
Reference librarians are available at the Information Desk in the library Monday-Thursday 9 a.m.-10 p.m., Friday 9 a.m.-5 p.m., Saturday 11 a.m.-5 p.m. and Sunday 1 p.m.-9 p.m. Reference librarians can also be contacted online during these hours to answer research questions through the Ask a Librarian service--just look for the link at the top right on the library homepage.
Children’s Book Collection Supports Teacher Education
In support of the teacher education program, the library maintains a collection of award-winning children's books, updated every year with the latest winners. The 2014 Newbery Medal, Caldecott Medal, and Coretta Scott King Book Awards winners have recently arrived.
2014 Newbery Medal Winner
Flora & Ulysses: The Illuminated Adventures by Kate DiCamillo
2014 Caldecott Medal Winner
Locomotive illustrated by Brian Floca
2014 Coretta Scott King Book Awards Winners
Author Award: P.S. Be Eleven by Rita Williams-Garcia
Illustrator Award: Knock Knock: My Dad's Dream for Me illustrated by Bryan Collier
Stop by the library to check out these and many other award winners, on display until April 11.
--By Jennifer Hanft, Reference Librarian
In this issue:
In this issue:
- Professor of Psychology Cynthia Edwards to Present Faculty Distinguished Lecture
- Meredith Celebrates Faculty/Staff Donors
- Celebrate the New Thomas Meredith Marker September 27
- Haitian Orphan Choir Visits Meredith College
- Fountain Plaza Dedication Planned for October 2
- Decision Height to be Presented by Meredith Ensemble Theatre
- Personal Stories: A Review of the Art Department Faculty & Staff Exhibition
- Alumni Educators and School Administrators Career Event Held
- The Library Out and About on Campus
- Wings Alumnae Share Insight with Current Students
- Faculty/Staff Accomplishments and Departmental News 9/20/17
CAMPUS CONNECTIONS ARCHIVES
Fax: (919) 760-8330