Meredith College to Continue Prohibiting Weapons on Campus
North Carolina legislators recently passed a new weapons bill, allowing guns in locked cars on public college campuses. Governor Pat McCrory signed the bill into law on July 29, 2013, and the bill takes effect on October 1, 2013. Private institutions like Meredith College have the right under the new North Carolina law to restrict weapons on campus.
Meredith President Jo Allen has announced that the College will continue its policy prohibiting all weapons on campus.
As stated in Meredith College’s handbooks for students and employees:
Possession of firearms, weapons and other dangerous or hazardous devices are strictly prohibited on the Meredith campus and at Meredith College-sponsored functions.
“The safety of our students, employees and guests on the Meredith campus are our highest priority, and continuing to strictly prohibit firearms on our campus is in keeping with this priority,” Allen said.
Signage communicating Meredith’s policy is being developed and will be posted on campus.
In this issue:
In this issue:
- Professor of Psychology Cynthia Edwards to Present Faculty Distinguished Lecture
- Meredith Celebrates Faculty/Staff Donors
- Celebrate the New Thomas Meredith Marker September 27
- Haitian Orphan Choir Visits Meredith College
- Fountain Plaza Dedication Planned for October 2
- Decision Height to be Presented by Meredith Ensemble Theatre
- Personal Stories: A Review of the Art Department Faculty & Staff Exhibition
- Alumni Educators and School Administrators Career Event Held
- The Library Out and About on Campus
- Wings Alumnae Share Insight with Current Students
- Faculty/Staff Accomplishments and Departmental News 9/20/17
CAMPUS CONNECTIONS ARCHIVES
Fax: (919) 760-8330