Making the Meredith College Going Strong Brand Even Stronger in Year Two
The brand initiative launched by Meredith College in 2013 has been Going Strong for a full year. The College will build on the success of 2013-14 as part of the strategic plan goal to enhance Meredith’s visibility.
Branding efforts in 2014-15 will include advertising Meredith in venues such as both terminals at RDU International Airport and on billboards in Raleigh, Greensboro, and on major roadways headed to the North Carolina coast.
A two-page story about Meredith was included in US Airways Magazine in August as part of a special section on women’s colleges. An updated brand-focused ad will run on local stations during morning newscasts. Meredith is again sponsoring broadcast of Masterpiece on PBS.
Faculty and staff can support these efforts by sharing Strong Story suggestions with the Department of Marketing. Some of the ways these stories are used include Meredith Magazine, Strong Story blog, advertising, and admissions materials. While most of these stories are student-focused, news about research, faculty, and departmental achievements are welcome.
Enhancements to meredith.edu
Another way the brand is going strong? On meredith.edu.
In the year since its launch, nearly 385,000 unique visitors have come to the site – that’s an increase of more than 150,000 unique visitors over the previous year. And each of those visitors has seen Going Strong messaging and imagery conveyed throughout the site’s content.
Some of the other ways the website has been enhanced to support Meredith’s image online and better serve all audiences include:
- Robust program of study pages for each major
- Inclusion of StrongPoints content on the website and in the site’s global navigation
- Enhanced Meet Your Counselor pages for admissions, including ZIP code look-up
- The Strong Stories Blog, where impressive stories of strong Meredith students, faculty, and staff are shared
- A refined homepage that better supports video, strong stories, and calls-to-action
- Training of more than 100 website content editors to support the online calendar and news
And more exciting changes are on the horizon, including:
- A virtual tour
- Web content to support Classroom to Career and Wings – Adult Education at Meredith
- Continued refinements to the navigation of the site
In this issue:
In this issue:
- Professor of Psychology Cynthia Edwards to Present Faculty Distinguished Lecture
- Meredith Celebrates Faculty/Staff Donors
- Celebrate the New Thomas Meredith Marker September 27
- Haitian Orphan Choir Visits Meredith College
- Fountain Plaza Dedication Planned for October 2
- Decision Height to be Presented by Meredith Ensemble Theatre
- Personal Stories: A Review of the Art Department Faculty & Staff Exhibition
- Alumni Educators and School Administrators Career Event Held
- The Library Out and About on Campus
- Wings Alumnae Share Insight with Current Students
- Faculty/Staff Accomplishments and Departmental News 9/20/17
CAMPUS CONNECTIONS ARCHIVES
Fax: (919) 760-8330