Library Now Includes Recreation Equipment
This spring, Student Government Association President Caitlyn DeBona and the SGA Executive Committee had a brilliant idea: give Meredith students access to sports equipment. To further their goal of getting our students outside more to enjoy campus, the SGA purchased a wide range of sports and recreational equipment and partnered with the library to make the equipment available to students, faculty, and staff.
The library’s Sports Kiosk collection includes:
- soccer balls
- Majik Catch
- glow-in-the-dark flying ring
Recreational items can be checked out with a CamCard for three days and will incur fines if not returned on time..
In addition to the items available in the Sports Kiosk, the library is the new location for the Borrow-a-Bike Program. In 2012, the program was established by the Health Center, which sponsored the purchase and currently maintains the bicycles. This spring, student Francesca Bugler and Sherri Henderson, Director of Health Services, worked with library staff to make the bikes more accessible to the Meredith community by adding them to the library collection.
Two bicycles and helmets are available for checkout to students, faculty, and staff for up to four hours. Additional accessories, such as baskets, locks, and pumps may be checked out as well. To check out a bicycle, simply bring your CamCard to the library and sign a borrowing agreement/waiver.
Faculty and staff are encouraged to take advantage of good weather on campus and check out a favorite piece of recreational equipment or something they might never have tried.
--Submitted by Jennifer Hanft, Reference Librarian
In this issue:
In this issue:
- Meredith College to Welcome the Class of 2021
- Meredith College Opposes I-440 Expansion Plans
- Faculty/Staff Planning Week 2017
- Solar Eclipse Viewing at SMB
- Of Playground, Paint, and Picture Books: Meredith in Belize 2017
- Summer 2017 Reading Suggestions from Meredith Faculty and Staff
- Meredith Mayhem Helps Support Lake Renovation
- 2017 Summer Reading Program Events
- Faculty/Staff Accomplishments and Departmental News August 2017
CAMPUS CONNECTIONS ARCHIVES
Fax: (919) 760-8330