Faculty/Staff Accomplishments September 25, 2013
In this issue, we celebrate the accomplishments of members of Meredith's faculty and staff, from departments including English, music, sociology, the Paralegal Program and more.
Professor of Sociology Lori Brown was quoted in a story in The Providence Journal about the use of non-military drones in the United States. Read the story here.
Paralegal Program Director Marisa Campbell has been chosen as an honoree for North Carolina Lawyers Weekly’s 2013 Women of Justice awards. The Women of Justice awards recognize women across the state of North Carolina who have demonstrated leadership, integrity, service, sacrifice and accomplishment in improving the quality of justice and exemplifying the highest ideals of the legal profession. Campbell received the award in the legal scholar category. She will receive her award during a November 14 ceremony.
Music Instructor Margaret Evans presented a talk for the Charlotte Piano Teachers Forum to a capacity audience on September 6. This was her second time addressing this group. Her topic was “Achieving Student Success with Concertos.” Evans was introduced to the audience as “one of the Southeast’s most respected teachers.”
Assistant Professor of Sociology Amie Hess presented a paper, “’Heather from Queens’ and ‘UWS Ethan’: Gender in an Online Public Sphere” at the American Sociological Association annual meeting in New York, August 10-13. The paper was co-authored with a colleague at UNC-Chapel Hill.
Staff Accompanist Andrew Kraus’s CD “Music from the Golden Age of the Piano,” has been accepted for streaming on the internet radio station Pandora.
Instructor of English Jennifer Tasgold’s article, “Dual-Coding Theory and Empathy: How Animoto can Animate English Language Arts Classrooms to the Core,” was published by Meridian: A K-12 Technologies Journal. View the article here.
Professor of Human Environmental Sciences Deborah Tippett spoke at the 8th Annual Raleigh Police Leadership Institute on September 11. Tippett’s topic was “Working Successfully with Different Generations.”
In this issue:
In this issue:
- Professor of Psychology Cynthia Edwards to Present Faculty Distinguished Lecture
- Meredith Celebrates Faculty/Staff Donors
- Celebrate the New Thomas Meredith Marker September 27
- Haitian Orphan Choir Visits Meredith College
- Fountain Plaza Dedication Planned for October 2
- Decision Height to be Presented by Meredith Ensemble Theatre
- Personal Stories: A Review of the Art Department Faculty & Staff Exhibition
- Alumni Educators and School Administrators Career Event Held
- The Library Out and About on Campus
- Wings Alumnae Share Insight with Current Students
- Faculty/Staff Accomplishments and Departmental News 9/20/17
CAMPUS CONNECTIONS ARCHIVES
Fax: (919) 760-8330