Faculty Research Spotlight: Professor of Foreign Languages & Literatures Brent Pitts
Professor of Foreign Languages and Literatures Brent Pitts’ modern English translation of Estoire de l'Evangile has been published. The title of the new publication is The Anglo-Norman Gospel Harmony: A translation of the Estoire de l'Evangile, published by the Arizona Center for Medieval and Renaissance Studies.
The research effort has been a long term project for Pitts.
“I began work on the Anglo-Norman gospel harmony in early 2005, first preparing a critical edition of the work (Medium AEvum Monographs, Oxford, 2011), then capping the project with the modern English translation,” Pitts said. “I am fortunate to have found this project; to conduct research in this area has been an extremely rich and rewarding experience for me.”
Pitts credits Meredith College for support of his work.
“Meredith College promoted my work in numerous ways, including warp-speed interlibrary loan and generous support for travel to Dublin in 2005 to consult the unique manuscript and to the Holy Land in 2010 to see most of the places named in the Estoire,” Pitts said.
In addition, Pitts thanks his faculty colleagues for encouragement and support. “For advice, suggestions, and encouragement along the way, I am especially grateful to my Meredith colleagues Garry Walton, Liz Wolfinger, Denise Rotondo, Margarita Suarez, and Eloise Grathwohl.”
Faculty: If you have research projects you’d like to share in a future issue of Campus Connections, email a brief description of your work to Melyssa Allen, newsletter editor, email@example.com.
In this issue:
In this issue:
- Professor of Psychology Cynthia Edwards to Present Faculty Distinguished Lecture
- Meredith Celebrates Faculty/Staff Donors
- Celebrate the New Thomas Meredith Marker September 27
- Haitian Orphan Choir Visits Meredith College
- Fountain Plaza Dedication Planned for October 2
- Decision Height to be Presented by Meredith Ensemble Theatre
- Personal Stories: A Review of the Art Department Faculty & Staff Exhibition
- Alumni Educators and School Administrators Career Event Held
- The Library Out and About on Campus
- Wings Alumnae Share Insight with Current Students
- Faculty/Staff Accomplishments and Departmental News 9/20/17
CAMPUS CONNECTIONS ARCHIVES
Fax: (919) 760-8330