Celebrating Student Achievement 2013 to Be Held April 16
Meredith College’s annual Celebrating Student Achievement event will be held on Tuesday, April 16, 2013. The event will focus on student achievement in academics, the arts, leadership and all aspects of college life.
The day begins with a breakfast and poster session from 7:45 – 9:15 a.m. in Carlyle Campbell Library, including remarks by President Jo Allen at 8:30 a.m., and ends with departmental and school award ceremonies from 6:30-8 p.m.
Throughout Celebrating Student Achievement Day, Meredith College students will make presentations on from a variety of academic areas. Session topics include Music: Performance, Innovation and Technique; Perspectives from History & Religion; Exercise, Practice & Performance; Perception, Image & Design in Art; and Exploration in Biological Sciences.
• Lunch will feature a performance by the Meredith Sinfonietta, a dance improvisation, a free speech awareness presentation from The Meredith Herald, and a fashion show. Lunch will be held in Belk Courtyard from 11 a.m. – 1:30 p.m.
• Student Achievement in Leadership Awards Ceremony and Induction of 2013-14 Student Government Officers will be held in Jones Auditorium from 11:30-12:15 p.m.
• Interior Design Senior Showcase will be held 12:15-1:15 p.m. in Martin Hall 242.
• The new edition of the Colton Review will be revealed at 1 p.m. in Carswell Concert Hall.
• Study Abroad Essay Contest Winners will present from 2:45 – 3:45 p.m. in the Chapel Common Room.
• Meredith’s annual Academic and Leadership Awards Ceremony is scheduled for 4 – 5 p.m. in Jones Auditorium.
Follow @meredithcollege on Twitter for live tweets during Celebrating Student Achievement Day. Join in by using #MeredithCSA to share how you are celebrating achievement at Meredith College.
Fax: (919) 760-8330