Meredith College is sponsoring “Career Connections: A Networking Event,” an opportunity for students to connect with professionals on Tuesday, Sept. 27, 2011, from 5:30-6:30 p.m.
Students who attend will be able to:
• develop confidence in talking and interacting with professionals
• gain career information and learn more about job titles, industries, the variety of opportunities - even in companies they've never considered, options of green careers over a variety of industries, backgrounds, skills required, and more
• make contacts and develop leads for internships, jobs, professional development, and connections to other professionals
• practice and improve verbal and nonverbal communication skills
• better understand leadership and how it is practiced in the workplace.
Interested students should RSVP by Monday, Sept. 26 on CareerLink under Career Events. The recommended preparation workshop is Monday, Sept. 26 at noon and 5 p.m. in ACP.
Professionals from Arts & Design, Human Services & Education, Business & Accounting, Communication, Marketing & Public Relations, Science & Healthcare, Technology & Engineering and Government, Politics, & Law have been invited to attend.
Career Connections is sponsored by Academic & Career Planning, the Office of Student Leadership & Service, and the Office of Sustainability. It is part of Meredith’s Sloan Family Student Leadership Program.
For more information on Academic & Career Planning at Meredith, visit http://www.meredith.edu/acp.
Date Submitted: 2011-09-22
Phone: (919) 760-8087