Athletics Update 5/7/14: Lacrosse Heads to NCAAs
On April 12 the Meredith College lacrosse team upset the top-seeded Piedmont Panthers to earn the 2014 USA South Championship. The win granted the Avenging Angels an automatic qualifier in the NCAA Division III Women’s Lacrosse Tournament set to begin May 7. Meredith will take on Susquehanna University in the first round at 3 p.m.
Athletic Banquet Celebrates Successful Year
Led by Athletic Director Jackie Myers, the Meredith athletics program celebrated another successful year at the Annual Athletic Banquet on April 22. After a delicious meal served in the beautifully renovated Belk Dining Hall, the coaching staff recognized 123 student-athletes for their commitment, dedication, and success on the field and in the classroom.
The group celebrated two conference championships; five USA South Player, Runner, Rookie, and Coach of the Year recipients; 26 All-Conference honorees; seven All-Sportsmanship selections; 71 student-athletes who earned at least a 3.0 GPA during the 2013 calendar year; and 21 special award recipients.
In addition to the year’s success, Myers introduced former Athletic Directors Jay Massey and Marie Chamblee, who laid the foundation for Meredith’s continued athletics success.
Golf Tournament at Brier Creek Draws Golfers and Sponsors
The 16th Annual Meredith College Golf Classic was held Monday, April 28, at Brier Creek Country Club. In spite of the rescheduled date and the threat of rain again last week, more than 90 golfers arrived ready to play. After a brief morning shower, the rain subsided and the participants enjoyed a challenging and fun experience on the Arnold Palmer Signature course.
A big Avenging Angel thanks to the members of the Meredith community – staff, alumnae, and fans – who joined in the fun to support this fundraising event.
Online registrations are now open for all Meredith summer sport camps. Avenging Angel basketball, lacrosse, soccer, tennis and volleyball coaches will host a series of day and overnight camps for youth of all ages, and the online registration simplifies the process. Learn more about summer sport camps
Follow Meredith’s continued athletic success at goavengingangels.com
— Submitted by Wendy Jones, sports information director
In this issue:
In this issue:
- Professor of Psychology Cynthia Edwards to Present Faculty Distinguished Lecture
- Meredith Celebrates Faculty/Staff Donors
- Celebrate the New Thomas Meredith Marker September 27
- Haitian Orphan Choir Visits Meredith College
- Fountain Plaza Dedication Planned for October 2
- Decision Height to be Presented by Meredith Ensemble Theatre
- Personal Stories: A Review of the Art Department Faculty & Staff Exhibition
- Alumni Educators and School Administrators Career Event Held
- The Library Out and About on Campus
- Wings Alumnae Share Insight with Current Students
- Faculty/Staff Accomplishments and Departmental News 9/20/17
CAMPUS CONNECTIONS ARCHIVES
Fax: (919) 760-8330