Alumna Cori Spade Shows Collection at NY Fashion Week
Cori Spade, ’13, a recent graduate of Meredith’s fashion program, brought her designs to a wider audience during New York’s famed Fashion Week.
Spade won the opportunity through the Third Annual Trend*Setting Fashion Show in June. Through the competition, Spade was chosen to create a Spring/Summer 2014 collection for a Designer’s Review showcase on September 8.
Designing a New York Fashion Week collection was a dream come true for Spade. While the design process was “exciting and glamorous” producing the collection took hard work.
“Designing and creating the line is a very large part of the process, but there is so much more that goes into preparing for fashion week,” Spade said. “I had to learn how to market myself, network, get some amazing sponsors, and promote the event.”
As an undergraduate, Spade also won accolades for her work. In 2011, Spade was a finalist for the International Textiles and Apparel Association’s Paris American Academy Scholarship.
Spade’s New York Fashion Week accomplishment was featured in The News & Observer’s “Stylin’” column on September 19.
In this issue:
In this issue:
- Professor of Psychology Cynthia Edwards to Present Faculty Distinguished Lecture
- Meredith Celebrates Faculty/Staff Donors
- Celebrate the New Thomas Meredith Marker September 27
- Haitian Orphan Choir Visits Meredith College
- Fountain Plaza Dedication Planned for October 2
- Decision Height to be Presented by Meredith Ensemble Theatre
- Personal Stories: A Review of the Art Department Faculty & Staff Exhibition
- Alumni Educators and School Administrators Career Event Held
- The Library Out and About on Campus
- Wings Alumnae Share Insight with Current Students
- Faculty/Staff Accomplishments and Departmental News 9/20/17
CAMPUS CONNECTIONS ARCHIVES
Fax: (919) 760-8330