Meredith College undergraduate research students Zeenat Razvi, Julia Bair, Nooria Razai, Sally Yacout, Meredith Hyatt and Brittney Mitchell attended and presented at the 245th National American Chemical Society Meeting in New Orleans.
Presentations by Meredith students included the following:
• “Science of art: From creation to authentication to preservation” Dr. Kassy A. Mies and Sayyeda Zeenat Razvi
• “Reductive mechanism of iron release from the iron-siderophore, ferrioxamine B, by NaDH in the presence of the iron(II) chelator, TPEN,” Dr. Kassy A. Mies and Sayyeda Zeenat Razvi
• “Investigation of the roles of several iron(II) chelators in the relese of iron from ferrioxamine B via reduction by NADH,” Julia Bair and Dr. Kassy A. Mies
• “Efficient synthetic route to isopitlocaulin utilizing an intramolecular Diels-Alder reaction,” Dr. William A. Dupont, Devin E. Montague, Nooria Razai and Sally M. Yacout
• “Probing Diels-Alder adducts of anthracene and maleimide as mechanically active functional groups,” Meredith G. Hyatt, Zachary S. Kean, Bobin Lee, and Professor Stephen L. Craig
• “Metal coordination polymer networks of iron(II) and ruthenium(II) tris(bipyridine),” Kristina M. Vaillonis, Mallory, M. McVannel, Meredith G. Hyatt, Marian L. Pippin, and Dr. Al D. Schwab
• “Spatial variation of organic volatile compounds associated with gas production operations in southwestern Pennsylvania,” Brittney L. Mitchell, Brandon Miller, Robert Swarthout, Dr. Yong Zhou, and Dr. Barkley C Sive
• “Hydrocarbon emissions associated with hydraulic fracturing in northeastern Colorado and southwestern Pennsylvania: A lot of fracking gas,” Barkley C. Sive, Robert Swarthout, Brandon Miller, Brittney L. Mitchell, Emily Horsman, Rachel Russo, and Yong Zhou
With more than 163,000 members, the American Chemical Society (ACS) is the world’s largest scientific society and one of the world’s leading sources of authoritative scientific information. A nonprofit organization, chartered by Congress, ACS is at the forefront of the evolving worldwide chemical enterprise and the premier professional home for chemists, chemical engineers and related professions around the globe.
Phone: (919) 760-8087