Becoming a musician is a challenge, perhaps the ultimate challenge. Are you ready?
If so, you should consider Meredith College, where the music faculty and your peers will challenge you to work harder, practice harder, play harder and perform better than ever before. At Meredith you will be given the instruction and the tools you need to exceed your expectations.
The women who study music at Meredith achieve in many areas because they work hard to develop their talent to its highest level...and the moment you begin that process, the level you expect from yourself rises. Like the horizon, your potential continues to move with every step you take.
How Will I Grow
as a Musician at Meredith?
- You will receive the benefits of both an outstanding college curriculum and an excellent music curriculum.
- You will study with faculty who are leaders in their fields as educators and as performers.
- You will be able to coach and participate in master classes with outstanding performing artists.
- You will be able to compete in our annual Concerto/Aria Competition for the opportunity to perform with the Raleigh Symphony Orchestra.
- You will have the opportunity to study music abroad.
- You may compete in numerous music contests such as the MTNA and NATS competitions.
- You will participate in outstanding music choral and instrumental ensembles.
- You will gain first-hand exposure to outstanding contemporary composers through residencies.
- You will develop as a teacher, conductor, and music leader through our outstanding programs in music education and pedagogy.