Tuition Exchange Opportunities
Meredith College participates in two exchange programs. These are scholarship programs. Employees are eligible to apply to the program but there is no assurance of approval. Generally the decision to approve is made by the importing school and a student must meet their guidelines for acceptance to the program. Additional information about these programs and application forms will be available in the Office of the Associate Vice President for Enrollment Management.
- The Tuition Exchange, Inc - The Tuition Exchange is a reciprocal scholarship program for children and other family members of faculty and staff employed at over 530 participating institutions. The Tuition Exchange, Inc. is a non-profit association. Details about the Tuition Exchange, Inc. program are available at www.tuitionexchange.org.
- CIC - Tuition Exchange - The Council of Independent Colleges (CIC) is an international membership of colleges and universities in several countries dedicated to assisting faculty and staff with the costs of higher education. This includes students enrolled in part-time study and graduate programs. Details about the CIC and its tuition exchange program are available at www.cic.edu.
Imports - Dependents of Employees of CIC or TE Colleges/Universities Who Wish to Come to Meredith College
- Must be certified by CIC or TE school where sponsor is employed
- Student must meet Meredith College admissions requirements
- Must complete FAFSA
- Must complete NCLTG, if applicable
Requirements for Continuance:
- Must be full-time each semester
- Must be First Degree-Seeking Student
- Must maintain a minimum CGPA of 2.5
- Must be recertified by home college each year
- Must complete FAFSA each year
- Must complete NCLTG each year, as applicable
- Award is for 4 years or 8 semesters
- Award is not for summer terms
- Students are expected to be resident students
- Award is for tuition only, less NCLTG, if applicable
- Students are responsible for additional fees, housing, parking, etc…
Exports - Dependents of Meredith College Employees Who Wish to Attend CIC or TE Colleges/Universities
- Export slots must be available ( The number of exports available is based upon a balance of imports and resource availability)
- Must be a dependent of full-time Meredith College employee
- Dependent can be certified for 8 semesters or 4 years
- Benefit is in effect after six months of sponsor's employment
- Employee should apply for CIC or TE through the Office of the Associate Vice President for Enrollment Management as soon as possible after dependent’s application for admittance to the import school
Requirements for Continuance:
- Employee/Faculty must continue as FT (3/4 time equivalent or 30+ hours per week)
- Dependent must remain in good standing as dictated by import school
- Employee must reapply each year to the CIC or TE through the Office of the Associate Vice President for Enrollment Management for continuance of their dependent in the program (priority date, December 1st) for the following academic year.
- Employee will be responsible for any fees associated with the program on behalf of the student (CIC or TE fees). Fees will be billed to the employee upon certification of acceptance into the program.
- If selection priority is needed, preference will be given to employees with longevity, their first dependent receiving the benefit, then by first-come/ first serve.
- Multiple dependents may participate in the program.