The study of Foreign Languages and Literatures at Meredith promotes excellence by:
- Requiring that students at every level acquire greater competence in the skills of listening, speaking, reading and writing;
- Ensuring that students learn about the targeted foreign cultures, gaining a greater appreciation of those cultures and of their own, in order to make them informed and contributing world citizens;
- Assisting and advising students and graduates to seek employment which involves the use of a foreign language;
- Preparing licensure candidates for effective, competent classroom teaching; and
- Incorporating instructional technology into classes to help students explore the target language through the use of all available resources.
For information on foreign language courses offered at Meredith, visit our academic catalogue.