IRS Tax Transcript
Directions for requesting your IRS Tax Transcript
You will not be able to get a transcript unless your 2012 federal income taxes were filed at least 2-3 weeks ago if you file electronically, or 8-11 weeks if you file a paper tax return.
You can request a tax transcript by phone, or online.
1. Enter the first social security number that is listed on your tax return.
2. Enter the number of your street address. You will NOT need to enter the name of your street, only your house number.
3. Use option 2 to request a tax transcript, NOT an account transcript.
1. go to www.irs.gov.
2. Under Tools, click on ‘Order a Return or Account Transcript’.
3. Under #3, click on ‘Order a Transcript’.
4. Enter the social security number and birthdate of the FIRST person on the tax return.
5. Enter the street address and zip code exactly as they are listed on the tax return.
6. Select a ‘Return Transcript’ for 2012.