Federal Work-Study (FWS) employment is a need-based federal assistance program with limited funds. FWS allows students to earn part of their educational expenses through part-time employment while attending school.
- If you are eligible for this program, the award amount shown on your award letter is the maximum that you may earn through this program.
- The funds must be earned in order to be disbursed. You should not include this funding when determining your remaining balance.
- Students receive payment by direct deposit on the 15th of the month for their hours worked the previous month.
- Students who are Federal Work Study eligible are automatically enrolled in the Blackboard course at the beginning of each semester.
- The Blackboard course is located on MyMeredith under Clubs and Committees, RSC-FA1: Student Employment-On Campus. Click “Current Openings” to browse employment opportunities. Please check current openings periodically as new opportunities become available.
The Office of Financial Assistance requires a student's accepted and signed annual state of award for enrollment. If you have questions or difficulties with navigating the Blackboard course, please contact our office directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.