From the Federal Student Aid website, effective May 10, 2015, you will be able to create an FSA ID when visiting certain U.S. Department of Education websites.
The FSA ID process consists of three main steps:
1. Enter your log-in information.
- Provide your e-mail, a unique username, and password and verify you are at least 13 years old.
2. Enter your personal information.
- Provide your Social Security number, name, and date of birth.
- Include your mailing address, e-mail address, telephone number, and language preference.
- Provide answers to five challenge questions.
3. Submit your FSA ID information.
- Agree to the terms and conditions.
- Verify your e-mail address. (Note: By verifying your e-mail address, you can use your e-mail address as your username when logging into certain U.S. Department of Education websites.)
*To print directions or for a visual click here.