Please click here to read to the Diversity Council's synopsis
Meredith College is proud to be a community where people are encouraged to express their individuality. We recognize the benefit of providing an environment that affirms difference as we promote lives of thoughtful inquiry and service. We invite such complexity as a means of encouraging rich possibilities within our reach and embracing values that promote the common good. The College's rigorous curriculum and leadership development programs prepare graduates for successful lives as engaged global citizens. Our commitment to "educate students to excel" impels us to create a diverse climate that assures equity, moves beyond tolerance and fosters community. At Meredith College, we work to build inclusiveness by promoting a climate of understanding and trust for learning, living, and growing.
The Diversity Council reports directly to the President of the College and is expected to make regular reports to the community. The charge of the Diversity Council is to facilitate Meredith's diversity initiatives with a special emphasis on:
- Increasing the diversity of our students, faculty and staff.
- Researching, identifying and implementing diversity training opportunities for the Meredith community.
- Identifying programs, services and facilities that will make Meredith a more welcoming environment.
- Identifying diversity resources.
- Evaluating Meredith's progress towards its diversity initiatives.
2012-2013 Diversity Council Members:
Facilities Services, Staff Representative
Assistant Director of Admissions
Secretary to the Diversity Council
Wetonah "Toni" Parker