Ann GleasonDean of Students
2nd Floor, Park Center
Through dynamic and transformative experiences serving as a student advisor, resident assistant, and student government officer as an undergraduate, Ann pursued a graduate degree in counseling and student development to continue working directly with college students. After completing her graduate studies, Ann worked in academic advising, career counseling and orientation programs at University of Florida, University of Texas at Austin and Auburn University. She also served as a volunteer coordinator for two non-profit organizations in Texas.
After working at large state universities, Ann welcomed the opportunity to join the Meredith College community in 1997, first serving as Meredith’s director of academic advising and then as dean of students. Through her role as dean of students, Ann supports and assists all Meredith students in pursuing their academic, social, and personal goals and serves as a central resource for students. Ann serves on several committees including Orientation Committee, Enrollment Management Team, Disabilities Panel, and Council on Institutional Effectiveness, and she facilitates the planning and response for campus emergencies through the Incident Management Team. Through assisting students to transition to Meredith and pursue their goals, Ann’s quest is to empower students to identify their strengths and talents to realize their success.
Ann enjoys traveling, watching movies, listening to all types of music, and hiking. She lives in Durham with her husband Gary and daughter Ellie (possible future Avenging Angel!)
M.Ed. Counselor Education/Student Development Auburn University, AL
B.A. Psychology and Sociology Quincy University, Illinois
- Laura Harrill Presidential Award for outstanding service to the Meredith community awarded in 2009-2010 and 2003-2004, Meredith College
- Outstanding Professional Contribution Award, North Carolina College Personnel Association (NCCPA), 2004 and 2005
- Co-Chaired successful Quality Enhancement Plan focused on critical thinking for Meredith College as part of the SACS Reaccreditation process.
- Created module focused on ethical decision-making and the Honor Code for first year experience classes at Meredith College.
- Established health professions academic advising program at University of Florida to serve undergraduate students pursuing health professions.
Need help locating someone?
Contact the Office of Human Resources
Located in 1st Floor Park Center
Main Phone: (919) 760-8898
Fax: (919) 760-8164