Alana EtterAssistant Director of Human Resources
124 Park Center
Alana serves in the capacity of a generalist of Human Resources. Some of her areas of responsibilities include:
- Compiling all surveys that include DOL Quarterly National compensation Survey Employment Cost Index, Occupational Employment Report of Colleges, AAUP, HR IPED’s, CUPA salary surveys, NCICU, and any others deemed necessary;
- Payroll backup support/assistance, periodically processing payrolls;
- Benefits backup support/assistance, assisting with issues such as FMLA, workers’ comp, conducting benefit orientations as needed and answering benefit questions and concerns;
- Counseling employees and addressing questions, complaints or concerns;
- Posting and monitoring of positions through online system, assisting applicants and answering questions regarding the hiring process;
- Conducting new employee orientation for staff;
- Conducting exit interviews for terminating employees;
- Preparation of the annual campus printed directory; and
- Other general HR related issues, task, or projects.
Alana is an active member of the national SHRM organization and an active member of the local SHRM chapter, RWHRMA. She is PHR certified and holds a Bachelor of Science in Management with an emphasis in Human Resource Management.
Need help locating someone?
Contact the Office of Human Resources
Located in 1st Floor Park Center
Main Phone: (919) 760-8898
Fax: (919) 760-8164