The Status of Women: Our Future, Our Responsibility
Each year, Meredith identifies a theme, like "Our World, Our Responsibility," focusing on global issues, or "The Status of Women," focusing on women's issues. Why? It's designed to provoke campus-wide discussion on issues of global importance. We want people to develop ways to address these issues in their communities. Class work, campus activities, and even our summer reading book selection all relate to the theme.
"The Status of Women: Our Future, Our Responsibility" is the College—wide theme at Meredith for the 2006-07 academic year. Through events related to the theme, the campus community will examine the status of women from political, economic and social perspectives.
Here are just some of the ways Meredith students, faculty and staff are contributing to positive change both locally and around the world.
- Our Bodies Ourselves Executive Director Discusses Media Impact on Women’s Health
- Meredith to Host Sally Ride Science Festival
- Meredith Reflects, Remembers at Founders’ Day
- Elizabeth Edwards to Deliver Spring Commencement Address
- Meredith Celebrates Center for Women in the Arts 10th Anniversary
- Meredith to Host Women's Leadership Conference
- Muslim Student Association Holds Forum on Women in Islam
- Nobel Peace Prize Winner Speaks at Meredith
- News & Observer Q&A with Shirin Ebadi
- FYE Rock-a-thon to Benefit Interact
- Historian Doris Kearns Goodwin Visits Meredith
- Student Is Advocate for Women in Washington, D.C.