Despite chilly winter temperatures, Summer School registration is already underway! Starting this summer, Meredith students may choose from courses held on campus or select from a menu of online options.
This year, Meredith is offering a variety of online options for Summer School. Course formats range from totally online to hybrid classes that combine online study with unique experiential learning components.
New online or hybrid courses include:
• Art: Who let the dogs out? Photographing for the web, taught by Shannon Johnstone
• Biology: Biology and Society, taught by Bob Reid
• Business: Principles of Management, taught by Tony Bledsoe
• Business: Principles of Marketing, taught by Karen Mishra
• Computer Science: Web site Design and Management, taught by Kristin Watkins
• Economics: Principles of Macroeconomics, taught by Anne York
• English: Travel writing, taught by Rebecca Duncan
• Foods and Nutrition: Principles of Food, taught by Susan Fisher
• Psychology: Psychology of Exceptional Individuals, taught by Doreen Fairbank
• Psychology: Social Psychology, taught by Cynthia Edwards
Exciting On-Campus Summer Courses
The on-campus summer course lineup includes courses in biology, chemistry, business, economics, English, math, politics, religion, psychology, sociology, art, physical education, music and more. A student can complete her entire Foreign Language requirement in just 9 weeks—Spanish 101, 102 and 205 are offered 1st, 2nd, and 3rd three-week sessions.
Quick Summer School Facts
Summer School allows students to catch up or get ahead on course work, handle general education requirements, or explore areas of interest. Faculty and staff who speak with students who would benefit from attending summer school can share these quick facts about this summer’s offerings.
For more information about summer school at Meredith, go to www.meredith.edu/summer.
Summer School Update
Meredith in the News
Wellness Release Time is Meredith’s Newest Employee Benefit
A Tradition of Student Giving to Meredith
From the President’s Desk
Have you presented research or attended a professional meeting recently? Has your department earned an award? Share news of these accomplishments and more with the Meredith community. Faculty and staff are invited to email items to Melyssa Allen, “Campus Connections” editor, at email@example.com.