What makes you strong?
At Meredith, we know strength has little to do with age – and everything to do with determination. And while it’s never too late to achieve your goals, even the strongest woman can use a little help to reach her full potential.
That’s why we created Wings, an adult education program for women. You'll build on your knowledge, experience, and strengths as you choose from more than 80 majors, minors, and academic programs. And as a Wings student, you'll receive the direction and challenges you need to help you soar. So whether you’re seeking your first college degree or pursuing your next career, Wings at Meredith will make you even stronger.
For women who want to begin their first undergraduate degree.
For women who want to transfer college credits and complete their degree at Meredith.
For women seeking a second degree or career change.
For previously enrolled Meredith students who want to finish their degree.
For women who want to take courses at Meredith, but are not ready to seek a degree.
Meredith is dedicated to the success of every student. The Wings director supports our students in many ways:
- Provides support and coaching for Wings students
- Provides academic advising for Wings first-year students
- Helps students connect with staff and resources across campus
- Facilitates connections with other Wings students and provides networking opportunities with alumnae through annual events such as Connections and Conversations Dinner and Spring Picnic
- Provides guidance in scholarship search and application
- Teaches FYE 100 – a First Year Experience course specifically designed for Wings students
Tom Manning, Director of Wings
130 Johnson Hall
See how Wings students are going strong. Watch it »
Wings - Adult Education at Meredith
Watch strong student Libby O'Daniel, '14, a studio art major, talk about conducting undergraduate research overseas through Meredith's study abroad program in Italy. Watch it »
Studio Art Major Going Strong
Watch strong student Libby O'Daniel, '14, a studio art major, talk about conducting undergraduate research overseas through Meredith's study abroad program in Italy.
Wings student Gemma Brodney, '17, was drawn to Meredith's programs that prepare grads to work with children and families. Watch it »
Strong Story | Gemma Brodney
Wings student Gemma Brodney, '17, was drawn to Meredith's programs that prepare grads to work with children and families.
* Engineering offered as a dual degree (Chemistry or Mathematics) program with NC State University (Chemistry/Chemical Engineering, Chemistry/Environmental Engineering, Mathematics/Biomedical Engineering, Mathematics/Civil Engineering, Mathematics/Computer Engineering, Mathematics/Electrical Engineering, Mathematics/Industrial Engineering, Mathematics/Mechanical Engineering)