Welcome to Meredith! Here you’ll find a meaningful, rigorous academic experience and a friendly campus community. Last year, more than 100 transfer students entered Meredith, bringing with them their knowledge and life experience. If you'd like to be one of them - click here to apply.
By transferring now and starting at Meredith in the fall, you'll be able to stay (or get!) on track academically and focus on your major. If you choose to sign up for summer classes, you can make even more significant academic progress in a relatively short period of time.
We’re here to guide you and ensure that you make a smooth transition to Meredith, both academically and socially. Some of the ways we'll help:
- We'll do a personal transfer credit evaluation, to ensure that you get the maximum credit hours when you transfer.
- You'll receive personal academic advising with experienced advisors through the office of Academic & Career Planning.
- You can become a resident in one of our spacious residence halls, or if you're an upper-level student, in our on-campus apartments, The Oaks.
- If you plan to be a commuter student, we offer you numerous special services, including a commuter meal plan, commuter lockers and a commuter association made up of other students who live off campus.
- If you're a first-year student, you are encouraged to sign up for First Year Experience - a one-hour class designed to help you succeed in college.
If you have 30 or more semester hours of transferable college credit at the time of application, you must meet the following requirements:
- Have an overall C average on all courses attempted at post-secondary institutions
- Be in good academic standing and social standing at the institution from which you are transferring
- Be recommended by a college official at the institution from which you are transferring
- Have a C or higher in a college transferable math class at an accredited institution, or have completed Algebra I, II and Geometry in high school
- Have 18 semester hours in general education
If you have less than 30 semester hours, you must also meet freshman requirements:
- 4 units of English
- 3 units of Math (Algebra I, II & Geometry)
- 3 units of Science
- 3 units of History/Social Science
- 2 units of Foreign Language
- 1 Academic Elective
- SAT or ACT scores
Meredith College is a signatory school on an articulation agreement with the North Carolina Community College System. This agreement makes it easier for students to complete four-year degrees at Meredith.
Students who complete the Associate of Arts or Associate of Science degree at a North Carolina Community College enter Meredith College as juniors. In addition to guaranteed transfer of all eligible credit hours, these students are eligible for additional need-based financial aid, and register early with the junior class. Students who are in Phi Theta Kappa, the honor society for two-year colleges, and at least 30 hours of transfer credit, are eligible to receive Meredith’s Phi Theta Kappa Scholarship, an annual award of $5,000.
We invite you to visit campus and experience life as a Meredith student. Here's how:
Attend an information session:
2013-2014 Transfer/Adult Information Sessions
- Monday, October 7, 2013
- Sunday, January 26, 2014
- Wednesday, May 21, 2014
We may also be coming to you - check this list to see when our admissions counselors will be in your area. They can answer your questions about Meredith in person, and help connect you with the right people to make your transfer as seamless as possible.
Phi Theta Kappa Scholarship:
- A $5,000 annual award renewable for up to three academic years for PTK members who have earned at least 30 hours of transferrable credit.
- Phi Theta Kappa Scholarship is available for any admitted transfer student inducted into the Phi Theta Kappa Honor Society. No additional application is necessary, but you must provide official documentation of your induction.
- For more information about the Phi Theta Kappa Honor Society please click here.
Academic Incentive Scholarships:
- A $10,000 annual scholarship for fall admits and renewable for a second year available to those graduating with an Associates in Arts or Science from a North Carolina community college who have a GPA of 3.0 or better.
- A $5,000 annual scholarship for fall admits and renewable for three years available to those who have completed the 44 Hour Core from a North Carolina community college with a GPA of 3.0 or better.
If you are considering transferring to Meredith but are concerned about how to finance your education, please don't hesitate to contact our Office of Financial Assistance. Our staff is available to answer your questions and provide assistance based on your unique circumstances. You may also find The Value of Meredith helpful - it's an interactive online college comparison workbook.
To apply for financial assistance, you must complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). The priority deadline is February 15; applications received after this date will be considered for assistance as funding permits. FAFSA applications are available beginning January 1 at www.FAFSA.ed.gov.
If you're considering transferring to Meredith but are unsure of whether it's a good fit, one great source of information is current students. Our website offers several ways to hear from Meredith students what it's really like to study and live here:
- Follow student blogs of current Meredith students, who talk about what it is like to be a student at Meredith
- Watch a video of a student who recently graduated from Meredith after transferring here. You can also watch videos of Meredith students, who answer some of the most common questions asked by prospective students, and a video of Meredith's president that answers the question "Is Meredith right for you?"
- Read profiles of current or recent Meredith students, who talk about different aspects of learning at Meredith, from studying abroad to research opportunities
- If you're interested in studying abroad, you may want to read students' travel journals - check out the Italy journals for a firsthand look at Meredith's semester-long program in Sansepolcro, Italy
- If you're a visual person, you may enjoy these photo galleries that show a range of student experiences at Meredith
- Visit our advising website to learn more about services for transfer students
- Learn more about how Meredith prepares you to succeed after graduation