Small College. Big Impact.
The college you choose matters. At Meredith, we’re small enough to know you, and big enough to make anything possible.
Small College ...
- A personal approach. A student/faculty ratio of 12:1. An average class size of 17. Our staff and faculty know you by name and can foster your unique skills and interests. And studies show that women's colleges offer unique benefits not found at co-ed institutions—for example, 81 percent of women’s college alumnae were able to recall a mentor, while 45 percent of women who attended coeducational public universities could not name even one mentor from their college days.
- Rigorous academics. Meredith’s academic programs challenge you to grow intellectually. In partnership with faculty, 47% of our students engage in undergraduate research. Our honors program offers students enhanced courses as well as travel and research opportunities. Meredith's balanced approach to education grounds students in the liberal arts while preparing them to excel professionally.
- We'll help you find your place. A supportive community and programs like First Year Experience help students make a smooth transition to college. Services include a learning center, experienced academic advisors and access to lifetime career planning. And you'll join a network of more than 18,000 alumnae who offer friendship and connections that remain long after you've graduated. Watch this video to learn more about women who thrive at Meredith.
Big Impact ...
- Expand your outlook. More than a third of our students study abroad, many of them at our permanent location in Sansepolcro, Italy. Reading student travel journals is a great way to get a feel for what it's like to study abroad. Here at home, our leadership development programs will help you discover your own unique style of leadership.
- Ideal location. Meredith's prime location near downtown Raleigh and the Research Triangle Park offers abundant opportunities for relevant internships and research. With more than 115,000 other college students in the area, there's always something happening. And Meredith’s strong connections throughout the community allow us to make a positive impact in Raleigh and beyond through service and leadership.
- Prepare to succeed. With hands-on learning that includes service opportunities, study abroad and internships, our graduates are prepared to succeed in today's global economy - 97% of Meredith students participate in experiential learning. And research shows that women's college alumnae feel better prepared both for first jobs and career advancement. They're also more likely to complete graduate study.