Welcome Parents and Families!
For more than a century, Meredith has been educating young women to excel. Here, your daughter will find a community that both challenges and supports her as she gains the tools and the knowledge to fulfill her potential. A Meredith education is defined by our personal approach, from the small classes and committed faculty who will help your daughter grow academically, to professional, experienced staff who will help her develop new skills and enhance the gifts she already has.
An important part of any college search is a campus visit. Meredith College offers a variety of ways to learn more about our campus. We look forward to helping you and your daughter through the admissions and financial assistance process. Please contact us if you have questions at any point. You may also want to read the Parent FAQs, with a list of common questions asked by parents (and answered by parents of Meredith students!).
One of the most important predictors of academic success is "fit" - simply put, how well Meredith fits your daughter, and how well your daughter fits Meredith. President Jo Allen, herself an alumna of Meredith College, has recorded a video that seeks to answer the question "Is Meredith right for you?"
Here are some additional resources to help you and your daughter decide whether Meredith College is a good fit:
- Majors at Meredith – we offer 32 majors
- Undergraduate Research Program – even our freshmen conduct in-depth research projects
- Study Abroad – more than a third of our students participate in study abroad programs
- Meredith Rankings - indications of our commitment to excellence
- Academic Calendar
- Women’s College Research – recent data shows a women’s college may offer your daughter unique benefits not found at coed institutions
- Cooperating Raleigh Colleges – a partnership that allows students to take courses at other Raleigh colleges and universities. Meredith offers a dual degree program with NC State University's College of Engineering.
- Student Blogs – follow current students to find out what it is like to be a student at Meredith
- Student Videos – hear from current students what it's like to study and live at Meredith
- Enews at Meredith – check out student headlines to see what daily life is like
- Virtual Campus Tour – “visit” our beautiful, 225-acre campus
- College Profile – general facts about the College
- Residence Life – answers to your questions about residential life
- First Year Experience – how we help your daughter settle into her new home away from home
- Student Leadership and Service – our leadership development programs help all students discover their unique style of leadership
- Photo Galleries
- Financial Assistance – helpful information about financial assistance
- Financial Assistance staff
- The Value of Meredith - an interactive, online college comparison workbook
- Academic and Career Planning – services to help students all four years and after they graduate
- Internships at Meredith
- Success - learn more about how we prepare your daughter to succeed after she graduates