Admissions / Impact Raleigh
Meredith College has strong tradition of promoting service and leadership. Impact Raleigh highlights the positive impact our students have on the local community and enhances their college education through additional service, learning and academic opportunities.
As an Impact Raleigh student, you will …
- receive an award between $4,000 and $8,000 ($1,000 - $2,000 grant for each year of participation up to four years)
- enjoy unique hands-on learning opportunities, including local service projects, events, internships, and related jobs
- take advantage of opportunities to engage with your local community in Raleigh
- develop your networking skills and a broad community base that will enhance your career prospects after graduation
- connect with Meredith alumnae living in Wake County who have a vested interest in your success
- learn in an exceptional college environment that includes small class sizes, study abroad opportunities, undergraduate research, and involved mentors
Who is eligible?
To qualify, you must graduate in Spring 2015 from a Wake County public or private high school, or be home schooled with a resident Wake County address, and attend Meredith in fall 2015. Select out-of-state students who have the potential to make a great impact on their new college community can also participate.
To continue receiving the Impact Raleigh award all four years, you will need to maintain at least a 2.5 GPA at Meredith College and participate actively in the program.
How can I participate in Impact Raleigh?
You must apply for admission to Meredith College by March 1, 2015 (the recommended deadline is February 15, 2015). Upon admittance to the College, you will receive information confirming your participation.
To gain a more complete picture of the opportunities at Meredith, we encourage you to both explore our website and visit our campus.
Contact Shery Boyles, Director of Admission, by phone at (919) 760-8581 or email.